Navra Compensation Meeting

There are still members here that were investors in Navra's funds, clients with Navra, or even worked for Navra

Steve posted a lot of interesting topics here in the past, as did many other members

Somersoft is just a discussion platform, heck there's not even any Google style ad's on it......which is great

Well, to be fair - he was a regular poster on here in the past.

He had real credibility on this site. People believed him. Free publicity for Navra with not a cent paid in advertising (in any case, this site does not accept advertising).

Fair enough. Caveat emptor. Pity the poor victims. Perhaps the site owners could have a wake for those who lost a few quid. Put on some cheese and crackers to express our collective regret.

Do you also ask Rupert to chip in for bad investments you read about in his papers?

well, id like to hold my local council responsible.

I read something about a famous investor in a library book and I decided to contact that investor.

As a result I lost money in an investment.

I think the local council is responsible because they must have endorsed the book that the investor was writing in, and my contact point was after all via the council library.

ta
rolf

I'd like to sue the store I bought my computer from. I mean, if I didn't have a computer, I could never have logged onto SS so much, and if I wasn't reading stuff here, well, I couldn't loose money jumping on the Bandwagon from so many here who have their own Businesses, because....well....if they can post here, they've all been veto'd as being respectable, honest business owners, that never make mistakes, right?

This was sent to me via email. This in relation to the ABN Amro/Royal bank of Scotland Navra Warrants scheme.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those of you who were not able to attend the meeting on the 4th here is a brief overview of where things are at.

* The class action documents have been lodged with the Australian Federal court
* The papers need to be served to RBS in mid March
* A litigation funder, Litman Holdings has agreed to fund the case
*Due to the litigation funder being involved there is zero risk to any of the class members - even if the case is lost, the litigation funder will wear all costs.
* Independent legal advice has been sought in relation to the documents the class members will need to sign in order to join the class action - the Independent lawyer has given all these documents the ?all clear?.
* When questioned about the possible amount the class members could anticipate receiving, a parallel between our case and the recent Storm Financial case was made where the class members of that class action received in their pocket 40c in the dollar. So if the class member lost $1,000 they walked away with $400 in their pocket after all was said and done.
* There is an opportunity to seek damages on the interest that you would have accrued if you would not have lost the money via the RBS warrants.

There is however one not so small issue and that is one of numbers. In order for the litigation funder to fund the action there has to be enough money in the pot to make it financially viable for them to go to the effort to run the action. At the moment not enough people have signed up for this to take place. We have till the end of February to get the completed paperwork to Shine. By the end of Feb they will know if they can progress with the case or not. With this in mind I would encourage anyone who is uncertain or 'fence sitting' to address any concerns they may have by contacting Shine and sign up ASAP. Also if you know of anyone who was involved with the RBS warrants who has not made contact with Shine or is hesitant to do so PLEASE contact them and point out to them that there absolutely no downside whatsoever and there is a potential for a financial gain for which they need to do very little for. We must get the numbers up. No numbers - No action.

I encourage you all to log into the Shine forum www.shineau.info/forum and participate in the discussions that take place there. This way any questions or concerns can be raised and addressed.

I know many of us, if not all of us, are fatigued and disillusioned by everything we have been through with the Steve Navra saga, the legal fraternity and in general trust and decency - however the RBS class action is a very real and available opportunity to claw back some of the funds that we would all have mentally kissed goodbye several years ago. This may be the last chance to address some of the wrongs that were done.

In closing - there is zero downside, we stand to gain 40c to 50c in the dollar, we can stick it to the banks!

Shine's contact details are below. Please contact Shine yourself or pass the contact details onto anyone you think may be able to gain benefit from this opportunity.

For those who live interstate or who were too far away to attend the meeting, Shine have said they are prepared to fly out and have meetings where ever there are clusters of affected Navra Clients interested in discussing this opportunity with them.

Class Actions Team: 13 11 99 or [email protected].

Last edited:
Navra/ Royal BAnk of Scotland

Yes, I have investigated this and spoken directly to Shine Lawyers. If you have lost on investments via Navra and via the Royal Bank of Scotland, get in touch with Shine Lawyers as they are putting together a class action to attempt to recoup some of the losses for investors - around 40%. Not the total amount, but still better than "0".

Just be very aware of what you sign, and be sure to READ everything, especially the Conditional Costs Agreement that Shine will ask you to sign.

Be aware that it's not always the "no win no fee" situation it's touted to be.

Just be very aware of what you sign, and be sure to READ everything, especially the Conditional Costs Agreement that Shine will ask you to sign.

Be aware that it's not always the "no win no fee" situation it's touted to be.

Good idea to get independant legal advice on their costs agreement!

Hi All,

Re costs agreement - an independent lawyer was commissioned to review the documents. The cost of getting that done was shared by the members and landed up costing $25 each - not bad for some quality advice! The documents were given the green light after some minor adjustments that were required were made.

It also now appears that there is sufficient funds for the class action to proceed with over 100 members having signed up so far and still more joining.

So, after all that we have been through we may finally see some justice done and be recompensed to some small degree and we can try and put this horrible nightmare behind us and try and erase the name 'Navra' from our memories!

CW

Back