Need a draftsperson cheap & reliable

Hi

I am looking for a good draftsperson for a development around Mentone in Victoria.

Or is it worth hiring a builder directly who can do the drawings and apply for planning permits.

if you have any contacts from your past experiences, can you PM me with some details

I am looking at sub-dividing and building 2 townhouses side-by-side

So far I've been quoted anywhere b/w $8000 to $17000 which i think is slightly on the expensive side.

Also i need to get few trees chopped. any contacts for that would be good

thanks in advance
Thanks
Manish

cheap and reliable - pick one.

2x 2storeys should cost about $8000 in design and documention, but if they're exactly the same style i would imagine around the $5k mark.

Architects Design Buildings

Girls & boys draftspersons don’t do design, that an architects job. Drafts people prepare sketches & plans based on the work of other qualified people (engineers, architects & surveyors). Architects & engineers design, surveyors determine boundaries & do subdivisions, builders build & draftspersons draft. Lets not get it mixed up.

Would you go to a pharmacist & just because he is in the medical industry get him to perform brain surgery on your kids??? No way!!! Even though he is in the same industry, you have got the wrong person.

Secondly it is very difficult to compare professional fees, unless you are in the profession. An $8k job usually represents $8k worth of work. $17k usually represents $17k worth of work. So it all depends on the scope. It also depends on the capability, experience & qualification of those doing the work. What are you getting for $8k what are you getting for $17k. If one is a draftsperson & the other is an architect, then it’s clear what you are getting.

Sure a draftsperson, builder, dentist, pharmacist, paediatrician could do great house design. Have you really got the right person & is it worth the risk??? After all, is the design cost a significant part of the total cost of development cost???

If you really can’t afford the design then may be you need to look for a project builder that has already had an architect do a number of designs for them that they regularly pump out.

Philip

Hi

I am looking for a good draftsperson for a development around Mentone in Victoria.

Or is it worth hiring a builder directly who can do the drawings and apply for planning permits.

if you have any contacts from your past experiences, can you PM me with some details

I am looking at sub-dividing and building 2 townhouses side-by-side

So far I've been quoted anywhere b/w $8000 to $17000 which i think is slightly on the expensive side.

Also i need to get few trees chopped. any contacts for that would be good

thanks in advance
Thanks
Manish

I'll try and PM you by COB tomorrow with both. Depending on how many trees, the drawing may end up cheaper. For memory my parents had a couple of large gums cut down in City of Kingston and it was around $3k. Permits are needed and replacements planted after you're done for memory.
I know a couple of builders in the area (Beaumaris and Cheltenham) and will get an idea of rough costs for the drawings.

Regards
Steve

Hi Steve

can you PM me the details as promised

Thanks heaps

I'll try and PM you by COB tomorrow with both. Depending on how many trees, the drawing may end up cheaper. For memory my parents had a couple of large gums cut down in City of Kingston and it was around $3k. Permits are needed and replacements planted after you're done for memory.
I know a couple of builders in the area (Beaumaris and Cheltenham) and will get an idea of rough costs for the drawings.

Regards
Steve

Back