Need a honest handyman/retired builder in Queanbeyan/Canberra

Morning folks,

Would anyone be able to recommend a good retired builder/handyman in Queanbeyan NSW or Canberra who would have decent reno skills? I need someone to take over a basic reno of a 3bed house - bit of woodwork, bit of painting, pit of plastering, that sort of thing.

My preference is to hire a retired trade or handyman rather than someone currently in business who will charge the earth and squeeze me in around larger projects.

Cheers

Do you mean a mature aged person who has retired, more due to age?

Because there is no reason someone who is financially free and enjoying their lives without having to work, will work your job you for less than others are willing to.

I think supply and demand still rules.
Find some with not much work on and then try to pick the most suitable based on your and their circumstances.
Cheapest price is not often best, as most will know.

Good luck, you may get a suitable referrence from the large network here.

I know a good renderer, tiler, glazier and cabinet maker. Can't help with an all rounder though.

If CraigB is still kicking around the forum he might be able to advise.

Cheers

Jamie

Thanks guys.
No I meant a retiree due to age, when he was alive my father was a tradie who was always looking for odd jobs to top up his pension, would rather pay someone like that a reasonable hourly rate rather than constantly be badgering the "bigger guys" who always seem to give drop small jobs at the preference of bigger ones that might suddenly come along.

Back