Need a Solicitor or conveyancer urgently

Hi All,

I went to the first open house for a place in Brisbane on Saturday and by 2pm there were multiple offers. The agent contact us for a best and final offer and was going to the owners that night. I put what I thought I would be happy paying for it in an email and sent it to the agent (no signed contract yet). I put settlement date as 30 days from signed contract.

I got phone message late today and it looks like I may have got it. Now the doubt is setting in but more importantly I have no idea how I can organise a Solicitor\conveyancer at short notice leading up to christmas so settlement can happen in 30 days.

I assume they are going to want to get a signed contract tomorrow, should i try and engage a solicitor to look over the contract or should I just go with a conveyancer?

Is it realistic to be able to get all the searches etc done for a 30 day settlement given most places are closed down till 6th of January?

And finally, can anyone recommend a good and reasonably priced Solicitor or Conveyancer in Brisbane that is likely to be working Monday/Tuesday?

just a word of warning, in QLD (through personal experience too), if you are even 1 minute late for settlement they vendor has the legal right to terminate your contract without prejudice. You will lose your deposit without any recourse. There are ways around it however, they may not be applicable or suit your/vendor situation

Hi All,

I went to the first open house for a place in Brisbane on Saturday and by 2pm there were multiple offers. The agent contact us for a best and final offer and was going to the owners that night. I put what I thought I would be happy paying for it in an email and sent it to the agent (no signed contract yet). I put settlement date as 30 days from signed contract.

I got phone message late today and it looks like I may have got it. Now the doubt is setting in but more importantly I have no idea how I can organise a Solicitor\conveyancer at short notice leading up to christmas so settlement can happen in 30 days.

I assume they are going to want to get a signed contract tomorrow, should i try and engage a solicitor to look over the contract or should I just go with a conveyancer?

Is it realistic to be able to get all the searches etc done for a 30 day settlement given most places are closed down till 6th of January?

And finally, can anyone recommend a good and reasonably priced Solicitor or Conveyancer in Brisbane that is likely to be working Monday/Tuesday?

Contract has not been signed. So you can either change your mind or renegotiate.

30 days is definitely too short to settle during holiday break...

better safe then sorry

Thanks everyone, I got hold of RPI (Darryl) and he has been fantastic and has gone above and beyond to help me out on short notice. Everyone has said 30 days from now wont be a problem so contract is signed and all is good to go.

Back