Need A Speaker.

W

WebBoard

Hi All,
I am on the B.o.D of a small independent school who needs to move premises in about five years because State rail may want it's land back. The school has no equity, but can service a loan. So it was decided that we should purchase an IP to help get equity so we can get that big loan in a few years time. I know - very simplistic - but even this is scaring them. Anyways I have tried to explain to them that we can't just go out and buy any old property and we need to devise a plan and decide upon which strategy we should use. tried to explain about off-plan purchases, deposit bonds etc, and that there actually were different strategies for investing - particularly if we want good cap. growth. So I've been given the task of finding someone who will come and tell them ( as simply as possible) what kinds of strategies there are etc. So seeing this is such a useful forum I wondered if there would be anyone out there who would be interested in getting together with me, having a chat about it and then giving like a little mini seminar to the group. If not maybe someone knows someone who may like to help out.
South Sydney area. Feel free to email me.
Samantha

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

oh ...Michael got in before me, I WAS about to post a message saying Michael Croft is your man!!

TW
~Life is a daring adventure, or nothing at all~

Reply: 1.1

Thanks TW,
I will definitely drop him a line.
Samantha

Reply: 1.1.1

Our kids go to small school in Sydney (Lower North Shore).
With recent HIH insurance collapse and with one of the kid’s injuries (someone else’s kid), school lost worth $50K on payout from fundraising account.
Money was put aside for new building, new equipment, etc.
After so many fundraising activities we had to have… and saving dollar-by-dollar, penny-by-penny...Shock waves is still bouncing from side to side.
Oh well, I guess it is life.

I think that idea about investment property for school is excellent idea.
First of all I was bit surprise reading about it, but the more I think about it the more it makes sense.

I might ask people at school very same question.

Thanks everyone.

Regards
Serge G.

P.S. If it is successful might have to ask Michael to come and see us at school as well, if Michael is happy to do it ofcourse.

I’ll keep you posted folks. Thanks again.

Reply: 1.1.1.1

Michael has done himself in now...

He is going to be on the seminar trail to schools talking them into buying IP's.

Go for it Michael get them in there and going for it.

Robert

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

I know, I know...

But what can you do.
A school fee goes up and up...

And with latest "economic corporate success stories" very soon we will end up with big problems on our hands. Not only school wise but in general.

I recon that HIH and OneTell is only the tip of the iceberg, more to come.
But then again I might be wrong and I hope I am wrong.

Serge G.

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1

It's actually a very inivative way for schools to go to help bring in money as well as have an asset base.

Very interesting...

Robert

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1

The idea it self is not new.

All religious institutions did and do have thousands of hectares of land and real estate for centuries, as well as some older schools and universities, in Australia as well as in other countries.

But what is new, as Robert mentioned earlier is – very same idea, which has been around for centuries, will be used in relatively new environment.

Do not get me wrong I am not religious person. I am just simply stated well-known and well-forgotten fact.

Serge G.

Back