Need advice quick! Auction today

Hi I hope that some one can help me, I am going to an auction today and have never bought at one before. I don't have a cheque account but have money that I could EFT no problem. What are the types of payment REA will accept? Thanks for your help

You need a cheque. There are banks open on Saturday mornings. Even if you open an account with a bank you can get 5 cheques to tide you over until the book arrives in the post.

Remember you can write a dud cheque today but make sure the funds are in there by Monday night when the REA banks your cheque.

All the best for the auction.

Ok Thanks for that. Could I write a cheque from my husbands company and then swap it on monday for a bank cheque and do I tell the REA not to cash the company cheque? Please excuse me if it sounds dumb but I really thought I could use visa or EFT thanks

just ask the rea what other forms of payment they woukld take.

eft should be o.k. so long as you ask the question prior to auction starting. they discuss with vendor, i've done the same and not been a problem.:)

let us know how u went.
good luck.
yorkie

Just thought I would update you guys. No I didn't get the property and for those who are interested, they said they would accept debit card the procedure is that one of the agents would accompany you to the bank on monday morning. This is with Ray White don't know what other agents would do. Thanks again for your help

Just thought I would update you guys. No I didn't get the property and for those who are interested, they said they would accept debit card the procedure is that one of the agents would accompany you to the bank on monday morning. This is with Ray White don't know what other agents would do. Thanks again for your help

We love to know details - what property was it - what was the vendor bid - did anyone bite -what were you prepared to pay- was it passed in - was there a slugfest - etc etc. Do tell.

Interesting that agents accompany the winner-with-debit card to bank Monday morning. Visions of black suits and guns.

We love to know details - what property was it - what was the vendor bid - did anyone bite -what were you prepared to pay- was it passed in - was there a slugfest - etc etc. Do tell.

Interesting that agents accompany the winner-with-debit card to bank Monday morning. Visions of black suits and guns.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-craigieburn-10653756
I would have paid 350, went for 366, slugfest at the end between 2 bidders. No vendor bid

Back