Need my car moved from Brisbane to Newcastle

So I'm heading to Brisbane tomorrow to see friends and sail my boat back down to Newcastle.

I had some backpackers keen to come with us and then drive my car back down. But the ingrates went and got jobs and can't come.

I've sent off for car transport quotes or I can fly back up myself to fetch it but....

So I'm posting here on the off chance anyone here might want to take a road trip culminating in a sail down here in Newcastle. Welcome to crash at my place here.

I'm looking at leaving Brisbane in roughly two weeks and spending maybe 4-5 days at sea. Would be perfect if the car arrived before me but I'm pretty flexible.

Is a ten year old commodore. You won't have any trouble with it and it runs well on the freeway. Station wagon so you can put in camping gear etc.

Any other ideas?

Cheers,

When i moved from perth to adelaide (and also from adelaide to perth) I put my car on the train. I then caught the plane and picked it up at the other end.

This worked out fairly good value because i filled in choca bloc full of my stuff, meaning i didnt need to take too much carry on luggage on the plane nor pay for removalists for my household stuff.

If that's just before the June long weekend and you get stuck I can put you in touch with a bunch of adventure racers I know are heading down at that time.

I'm looking at leaving Brisbane in roughly two weeks and spending maybe 4-5 days at sea. Would be perfect if the car arrived before me but I'm pretty flexible.

Big Reggie gets out of Maryborough clink about then, and he'll be looking for a set of wheels back to his brothers in Sydney.

Would be perfect if the car arrived before me but I'm pretty flexible.

Can't guarantee nuffin'. Big Reggie does whatever Big Reggie wants to. Just leave the keys under the wheel arch as normal and leave it with him.

Good onya for volunteering !!

I have used Toll previously to send my car up to Brisbane & drove in tandem with a mate back. It wasn't cheap but you can't be in two places at once.

We had our cars trucked Melb to Bris and back 15 mths later. Just be sure you dont have a full tank of petrol as it got drained by 'someone'.

Back