Need some ideas what would you do with this?

I have been busy reading your forum for the last couple of weeks a big thanks to everyone thats posts and maintains this informative site.

I need you........To give me some ideas on what to do with my current situation.

I am not against selling things.......but never have.

Im 29 and the bride is a little older we have two children 1 yr and 2.5 yr old. We move around a lot with her work. The bits n pieces that we have bought were never bought from an ivestment point of view. Anything we bought was to live in with the exception of one ( carparking space).

So I guess im going to spill my/our situation and let you guys go wild and give me your ideas/advice . I will probably confuse you with my ramblings but I just want to make sure you are armed with the right information.

Property #1
Clifton HIll Vic free standing 2 bed+bunglow, 100+ yrs old
owe 380k- 65k offset
val 600k
inc 420p/w
50/50 split 190k fixed 3yrs I/O @ 4.99 190k I/O 5.21 with 65k in offset

Property #2
Roxburgh Park Vic Town house 3 bed, 9 yrs old
owe 192k
val 270k
inc 255p/w
fixed 3yrs @4.99 I/O

Property #3
Manuka ACT Unit 1 bed, Furnished, 10 years old
owe 208k
val 360k
inc 395p/w
P/I 5.21%

Property #4
Melbourne Vic Carparking space
owe nill
val 60k
inc 110p/w

Property #5
Abbotsford Vic free standing 2 bed
owe 200k
val 600k
inc 450p/w
P/I 5.21%

NOTE:
Property #3 has high body corp 3.5k yr

Personal Income
Me self employed bricklayer 45k should be more but im casual
Bride IT 180k

I know we should be doing more but im just not sure what. So go ahead and give it to me .

Thanks in advance.
s

Ha, if you ask me you should be doing less and investing more ;)
You've done well, congratulations, FWIW Id be 'retiring' if it were me but I'm not so carry on

Terrific equity position to be in there.

Which of you owns which of the assets please ?

ta
rolf

#1- J&S
#2- S... maybe changing this soon to J&S
#3- J
#4- J ...I guess its classed as a piece of commercial RE
#5- J

I know what you mean with the equity but I have trouble getting my head around raping properties. I guess what I am trying to say is I like a bit of savings to buy things . I like to see myself as a 20% sort of man.

Understand the 20 % deposit need.

One challenge with that fetish :) is that to make another purchase you will have to sell something, AND pay selling costs and CGT at whateever level.

I suppose your core question is which property shall you turn over ?

Might be a good time to see a savvy accountant and subseqeuntly a mortgage broker.

ta
rolf

Back