Need to change this bathtub?

Looks good but it isnt cost effective. The advantage i suppose is you dont have to rip everything out but still...

I have had resurfacing quotes before and for the price you are better off starting over. For a bath only it would work out better because you dont have to pull out and install a new one which would be around 2k

Get some hydrochloric acid from bunnings and let it soak. Works wonders on the toilet bowl when it builds up those absolutely uncleanable brown stains (is this a QLD thing only?). I could probably do my own with a before and after if I could summon the energy

Get some hydrochloric acid from bunnings and let it soak. Works wonders on the toilet bowl when it builds up those absolutely uncleanable brown stains (is this a QLD thing only?). I could probably do my own with a before and after if I could summon the energy
Didn't that cause an ugly mess with the bath falling through the floor in one of the first episodes of Breaking Bad?

Looks good but it isnt cost effective. The advantage i suppose is you dont have to rip everything out but still...

I have had resurfacing quotes before and for the price you are better off starting over. For a bath only it would work out better because you dont have to pull out and install a new one which would be around 2k

Technically, I would be happy to do bathroom upgrade for $2-3K (new tub, retile and new vanity) if it will last a lot longer :-/ Especially if the cost $500-$800 will only last like 1-2 years.

No HCL, harsh stuff I think it'll detoriate the pipes if not already :eek:

Just a quick update.

After a lot of consideration, we opt for resurface. There are just too little time to arrange a total rip out. Due to the condition of the tub, we will need to do reno on the bathroom in 1-2 year time or so when the tub gives out :(

On the flip side, I have tenant starting tomorrow :eek:

This is the bath after
IMG_1632_2.jpg

Back