Need to decide, keep these blocks or sell ?

l need to figure out what to do with these blocks.
My personal sitch has changed last few yrs and we've sold what we had , paid debts and now l'm renting for awhile.
The renting nice , expensive but nice. Not worrying for a change, beautiful spot .

Thing is l've only got two country blocks now, they aren't worth much , about 50k. The area sold really well during the boom but is dead right now. But if held them till next time , put on a nice little shift house,dressed them up,the same were going like hot cakes at 270 , so will again l guess.
But , l am sick of property wows right now and lf l sold them l could put the money towards my next house and not have to look after them any more.

Or , l could keep them , spend a few k on the cabin that's on one and rent them out for 100pw.
That money would really help my rent here right now and then later with my new mortgage to so, and l'd still own the blocks , right !
So wouldn't that be the logical way to go ?

lt's just that l have to either fix the cabin and rent them out soon , or dress them up and have them on the market for spring, l'm sick of them. l could also really use either the sale money or the rent income right now to. Indecision has had them just sitting there idle for 2yrs now going to waste since the last guy was renting it.

What do you think , keep or sell ?

Last edited:
l don't owe anything on them , just 500 rates py.
lt's a pain getting over there and mowing them all the time though.

Yeah maybe later say 5 yrs, l could put a relocate on them , when the market comes back they'd sell really well. Not worth it as market is there right now though .

Hi

May I ask which area are these blocks in? This may determine the advice you receive if you should keep them or not.

Regards,

alicudi

l mean , by numbers l guess lt makes much more sense to keep them .
Spend 2k getting the cabin back up and running, rent it out = 400pm forever or until one day property takes of again in the area . Probably get a much better price even as is then , plus the 400pm until.

Short term gain selling now . Trouble is l would just rather them gone .

Back