Need to find good priced gyprockers.

Hi All

Presently looking at installing gyprock ceilings in 5 units to cover up the vermiculite ceilings.

2 of the units are top story and we will just use the 64mm stud channels scewed through to the wood joists in the roof. Will need long screws as this is a fire rated ceiling with 2 layers of gyprock already in place.

This will closely follow the job as per utube clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mVqkR_EXjgA

The other 3 units are vermiculite on concrete and as such will need a slightly different approach in the way the support system is attached to the ceiling.

All up it's about 260 sqm of gyprock etc.

Basically I am after a keenly priced gyprocker who will work with us to get the job done.

I will arrange to get all the material to each unit and they just need to come in throw up the railing system and then do the gyprocking and setting.

Cheers

Also what was the best price that you have paid for Gyprock in Sydney?

I am in the market for 13mm recessed edge 2400X1200.

Need to do it in small sheets as impossible to get the larger sheets up to the 3rd floor.

Cheers

Didnt know you were a Cabra investor?. Join the club! Are you with Independent Unit Man? All Suburbs or someone else?

Is that vemiculite carcigenic.?

My unit has it but with 8 foot ceiling, I don't like reducing ceiling height.

Plenty of Russians and other nashos in Cabra who do gyprocking!

Didnt know you were a Cabra investor?. Join the club! Are you with Independent Unit Man? All Suburbs or someone else?

Is that vemiculite carcigenic.?

My unit has it but with 8 foot ceiling, I don't like reducing ceiling height.

Plenty of Russians and other nashos in Cabra who do gyprocking!

I have a few units in Cabra;) (like - 43 of them:D)

I actually manage the strata side of my own blocks, but we do have some individual units for which the strata is now LJ Hooker. This is after I arranged to move the stratas from ASSM to Riva ( who then sold out to LJH). Presently this move is not going to well:(

Yes I agree there are plenty of Gypy's in Cabra but they generally work for others.

Main reason that I posted this on SS to get a line on a keenly priced Gypy' who doesn't advertise.

Cheers

Wow 43. I used to own in 23 Park Rd and 6 - 8 Fisher.

There is a hardware called Janbay in John st Cabra West and also a Supplier on corner Railway Pde and Sussex St. They may be able to help (if you havnt checked already).

Well our gyp-rocking job is moving along - all the prices have been determined and the labor quotes have ranged from $1600 per unit through to $4200.

We actually received a verbal quote for $4000 per unit including materials.

All up the materials are about $1000 per unit and we have engaged a gyprocker at $1650 inc gst per unit.

So all up the cost is $2600 per unit with a total 330 sqm of ceiling and wall gyprock hung, set and sanded.

Finished price is around $13000 so works out to $40 per square meter of gyprock.

A little bit more than I expected.

Cheers

I don't want to come across as racist but no one i dealt with can beat asian gyprocking prices.

Guess who gave me the two quotes that were around the $1600 per unit and which ones were $16k and up.:eek: I recon the higher quotes would have still been done by Asian labour but employed by the other guys.

Cheers

Guess who gave me the two quotes that were around the $1600 per unit and which ones were $16k and up.:eek: I recon the higher quotes would have still been done by Asian labour but employed by the other guys.

Cheers

about 3 years ago i was building a house and looking for a gyprocker so i contacted this company the guy came out gave me a price 12k for the whole house, when the workers came they were a different company and all ''asians'' including the boss.

he told me they gave him 9k for the job so a 3k profit what got me angry was the fact that the company that quoted it said they are going to do it.

Check the existing ceiling height.

The minimum ceiling height for a habitable room under the Building Code is 2.4m.

Lowering the ceiling could bring you down below this level and also make the place feel small.

That said even if you go below 2.4m, I doubt there will be any repercussions.

Just thought I would update everybody on the job

They are just about finished having started last Monday.

I suspect that all they have left is sanding which they could possibly finish this Monday so all up 6 days to do the job. Forgot that they worked on Saturday so this will make is 7 days if they finish this Monday.

They had up to 6 guys working on the job but in the main there were 2-3.

My quote for this job was $8250 and that included gst. We supplied all materials to the units. So they only had to come in and work no carrying gyprock etc. They had to supply their own screws for their screw guns.

Total gyprcok was 275 sm of ceiling and about 55 sqm of direct stick wall.

The upper units were all done with 2400 x 1200 sheets as just about impossible to get bigger sheets up past the 1st floor. You have to pay big bucks to get the delivery guys to hand up over the 2nd flr. So only one unit was done with larger sheets and 4 units with the extra joins.

The contact for the gyprocker - LJ Interior Works, is 0402 434 280, he is licensed.

The whole team barely speaks English as all Chinese but I had no trouble speaking with the boss who has been here a number of years. The boss was not on site very much - most probably about 3 hours over the whole job.

Cheers

Back