Need two bricks to fill gap left by intercom removal

Hi there,

I have removed the intercoms in the house and two of them were installed in brick walls. So now I need 2 bricks to fill the gap.

Bunnings doesn't appear to have anything similar to what I need.

Can any one point me in the right direction?

I live in Melbourne (eastern region).

Thanks.

Gizmopb1

If you want an exact match you need to find out which bricks you actually have, as in manufacturere and then the name of the brick. I have been lucky in the past and an old bricklayer I knew could recognise just about all the older bricks.

Once you identified the brick the manufacturer should be able to supply a couple of bricks as long as they are still in the current range. If they aren't then at least you will know what to ask for in your hunt around the recyclers.

Cheers

have a look around and under your house for a couple of bricks you can take out. You will never be able to exactly match the existing bricks, unless your house in reasonably new.

have a look around and under your house for a couple of bricks you can take out.

Yeah, just make sure they are not bricks integral to holding up ......the plumbing .....like a house I looked at recently! :eek:

Attachments

• BrickSupports.jpg
    BrickSupports.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 113
If you can't find the same bricks, can you cover the hole with a porcelain or ceramic with your house number on it. Or Welcome sign or "Villa del Gizmo"?

Back