Needs or wants

Being needy or dependent on any person thing or system is such a low place to exist.

For me the reason for investing and becoming financially independent is to get myself and my family to a place where I am not needy or codependent on anything. This is the place where you can really focus on what you WANT. The person you want to be, the experiences you want to have and the things you want to do with your life.

There are so many areas of life where you can take total control, not only your wealth and finances but also your health.

So many people are blaming the system, The government, pharmaceutical companies, The education system, etc etc, not realising that there are steps and measures to take to be completely independent of all of these structures and none of them ever have to have an effect on you.

The only way to get there is by investing and using your own creativity to design your financial future.

The first step to get there is to let go of the fear that somebody is doing something to you, it's impossible to expand and seek security at the same time!

you choose one or the other!

Thoughts!!!

I understand people are dependent and it's that dependency, the fear and need for protection that keeps it all going.

It's easy to see how people are dependent. - what they are doing to us.

It's more difficult to see how you are causing that dependency, it cannot ever be one sided. - what you are doing to allow it - responsibility for your part!

It's even more difficult to change the game. Allow and step away, recreate!

However, it is also a must because the antelope is an illusion and will not lead to survival.

I'd like to know what steps I can take to become completely independent from the government!

Hi mate,

IMO its not important or necessary to become completely independent from government to become highly successful. Its so irrelevant to wealth creation.

Leo

Hi mate,

IMO its not important or necessary to become completely independent from government to become highly successful. Its so irrelevant to wealth creation.

Leo

Good to see you back Leo, dust settled enough that you can now show start posting again?

Good to see you back Leo, dust settled enough that you can now show start posting again?

Hi Simtr,

When mud is flung at you, you can choose to mix with mud or stay away from it. I don't have the time nor the inclination to mix with that.

Leo

LeoT,

We were just telling the truth... i cant help it if you think we were thorwing a mud at you.

yes, you have few sites.. but never developed nothing (until just now) and you were dishing out suggestion on forum as experienced investor and developer.

on top of that, you dare to swore at me on an open forum.

Mods wont let me post all details on open forum to protect your privacy ( and i personlly respect that) but if any one have shadow od doubt how fake LeoT or Sesster is, please PM me and i will send you copy of emails and Msg he sent me offline.

Let it go!

I for one want to benefit from Leo's wisdom and not get dragged into an entire drama of accusations!

So many people on this forum give false advice that is geared towards punishment rather than a solution

So many people are here to just feed their egos and derive pleasure from making others feel bad

There are so many mean and nasty people on here who have nothing nice to say except when backing up other bullies in attacks.

I don't care what Leo has done, his posts are enjoyable and unlike some others on here, he is not a mean person. I for one am glad to have him back so please let it go!

Let it go!

I for one want to benefit from Leo's wisdom and not get dragged into an entire drama of accusations!

So many people on this forum give false advice that is geared towards punishment rather than a solution

So many people are here to just feed their egos and derive pleasure from making others feel bad

There are so many mean and nasty people on here who have nothing nice to say except when backing up other bullies in attacks.

I don't care what Leo has done, his posts are enjoyable and unlike some others on here, he is not a mean person. I for one am glad to have him back so please let it go!

Xenia,

I totally agree with you!!

i know LeoT is moonlighting on forum for while, i haven't said a word or to be honest i don't have time to get in to arguments and exposing him more than what he has exposed here (lot of other forum members have picked up LeoT/Sesster similarities).

Telling falls stories, fake persona, swearing at other forum members, denial of coming out clean when caught says lot about person.

However, as you said, i must admit, i personally like reading his mindset and mind games posts, i guess that what he does as a day time job. And his professional experience in that field is related with Investing game.

i am done talking about LeoT. SSer are smart enough to work out difference between brass and gold.

Anyway, Don't want to hijack your really good thread and ruin it but couldn't help myself on posting on to his post about throwing a mud.

Myflying your posts are embarrassing yourself mate.

You didn't even understand what the last post was saying.

I have always treated ppl on this forum with dignity and respect. I have chosen to largely ignore you because its so boring and ridiculous.

Yeah im such a total fraud mate. hmm hang on, my interview is still in the Interviews Section. Do you think the mods would keep it for thousands of ppl to read if I was a fraud.

I am only interested in property investing and related. Can we get back to reality please.

Leo

Myflying your posts are embarrassing yourself mate.

You didn't even understand what the last post was saying.

I have always treated ppl on this forum with dignity and respect. I have chosen to largely ignore you because its so boring and ridiculous.

Yeah im such a total fraud mate. hmm hang on, my interview is still in the Interviews Section. Do you think the mods would keep it for thousands of ppl to read if I was a fraud.

I am only interested in property investing and related. Can we get back to reality please.

Leo

So I guess this is you mixing with 'mud'?

Look dude, you've been outed here as a fraud is it really worth bringing it all up again?

Being needy or dependent on any person thing or system is such a low place to exist.

For me the reason for investing and becoming financially independent is to get myself and my family to a place where I am not needy or codependent on anything. This is the place where you can really focus on what you WANT. The person you want to be, the experiences you want to have and the things you want to do with your life.

you choose one or the other!

Thoughts!!!

I agree with your comments and had similar discussion recently, why others, especially family expect financial assistance without giving themselves first?
I read about the sponge kids, where gen 'X' is receiving help from parents, I think it was around 87%, with deposit for house, paying for private schools, with paying bills or holidays, etc....
That's nothing wrong with it, as long as the parents want to do it, but it is wrong if that's the main expectation.
I had the burning desire to get ahead of my parents, their lifestyle, or others, but never expected they will need to help in return, instead it gives me satisfaction that I can help them!
I suppose it does take one to be different from the rest of the herd!

Full Explanation

I have got few PMs about this and i think it is best to put it out there for every one to read (mod i will be as discreet as i can be.. so we can put this to bed)

sorry xenia.. i told you that i am not going to hijack your thread.. but i ll provide full explanation.

i got PM by Sesster handle about duplex development in ermington. i replied as in helpful in way i could.

he had million questions about property development, building, slope of land etc.. . i helped him to do detailed feso study on his ermington site.

anyway, i have put him thru my drafty.. (his name is ashwin and close search will revel that LeoT started recommending his name to forum member)

all this help with out charging a cent.

LeoT, his young wife, and wife;s parents came to my duplex development site with his P plate driven mazda 3 to get understanding of property development.

he had issues with stromwater discharge, so we helped him to get best hydraulic engineer to resolve issue.

anyway, he called few times and said i would like to check on your duplex build and said he will come to inspect it at agreed time, stood me up twice.

i don't have time for time wasters, so i stopped being in touch with him.

one day i get an email saying, hey, i lost my phone but here is my new number and here is my API interview.

I didn;t even bother to reply.

then i start noticing LeoT handle talking about ermington site and it clicked me when one of the forum member picked up similarities in two handles.

so we confronted him on open forum and how he responded and behaved is well documented on that thread.

LeoT/Sesster/Sam i work in IT insdustry and never loose any communication. fool the world, but pretty please, for your sake.. stop fooling me.. because you and i both know who is fake and fraud.

I agree with your comments and had similar discussion recently, why others, especially family expect financial assistance without giving themselves first?
I read about the sponge kids, where gen 'X' is receiving help from parents, I think it was around 87%, with deposit for house, paying for private schools, with paying bills or holidays, etc....
That's nothing wrong with it, as long as the parents want to do it, but it is wrong if that's the main expectation.
I had the burning desire to get ahead of my parents, their lifestyle, or others, but never expected they will need to help in return, instead it gives me satisfaction that I can help them!
I suppose it does take one to be different from the rest of the herd!
It comes back to the example and education the parents give their kids.

Our oldest boy is a terrific kid, but a bit lazy (as many teenagers are/have been - quite normal).

He gets pocket money each week, and in return he has to perform certain chores around the house.

He also gets extra dollars for extra chores on a list, which are outside his expected duties.

Every now and then, I have to use the old; "We shouldn't have to tell you anymore to do XYZ job."

To his credit, he jumps to it and does what is required with no attitude or backchat.

He is now also doing a few hours per week in the workshop after school..he wants to buy an XBox 1 (circa $500) and I suggested he come and work it off with me to help bring the affordability day closer... it would take a very long time on his pocket money alone, and we said we would not simply buy it just because he wanted one..

He is given a lot of the yuck jobs to do such as emptying bins, vacuuming/sweeping and so forth, but also gets to do the odd decent job..

I said to him on day1. "If you want to be a good employee who is likely to get ahead in a Company; learn very quickly what the normal routines are, and then do them before being asked. As well as this; if you run out of work; go to the Boss and ask what you can do next".

After only 3 weeks with me, he already has that work ethic down.

It's not hard to do this for your kids, and I love it because I get to spend time with him, and he gets to improve his self esteem, his overall view of things.

He won't end up needy and dependent; with any luck.

It comes back to the example and education the parents give their kids.

I said to him on day1. "If you want to be a good employee who is likely to get ahead in a Company; learn very quickly what the normal routines are, and then do them before being asked. As well as this; if you run out of work; go to the Boss and ask what you can do next".

After only 3 weeks with me, he already has that work ethic down.

It's not hard, and I love it because I get to spend time with him, and he gets to improve his self esteem, his overall view of things.

He won't end up needy and dependent with any luck.

Interesting Bayview, I suppose with our kids we have been more relaxed.
I suppose you can do that when they fairly young, because afterwards they will have their own personalities.
Our kids are so opposite, even though same gender, brought up in the same environment yet really different!
I actually hope they will start of as employees, but eventually I hope they will be running their lives and incomes...
I actually tell them what Bill Gates said, "If you think school teacher is tough then wait till you work for an Employer?".
IMO, employers will run their lives so it they are to be truly free, they need to be in charge of their lives!

Totally agree with your approach Bayview.

With regards to education, the big problem I see is that schools and unis do not teach our kids how to be successful in life. More often than not, its the people who self educate themselves with the right knowledge that go way further than most of society. I would love to see schools incorporate this knowledge but its unlikely to happen.

Also in terms of financial security and wealth, if our own teachers have massive bad debt, little financial security, terrible spending habits, forced to work will 65 plus etc etc (and im not saying all do but they are a fair representation of society) then how are they going to teach our kids to be successful in life. Certainly not financially successful which to be honest impacts most areas of our life.

Its a huge problem in my opinion.

Leo

Back