negotiating agent fees

hi all.
My new purchase is a house with an attached granny flat. The agent is charging 8.8% for the house and 6.6% for the flat as recognition of a second dwelling being let through them. Now they have stated they would like to negotiate on my other ip. What are your thoughts on what I should go for. To continue the current pattern would mean another2% drop 4.4% or should I go for a flat rate across all the properties. What have other people done in this situation ????

hi all.
My new purchase is a house with an attached granny flat. The agent is charging 8.8% for the house and 6.6% for the flat as recognition of a second dwelling being let through them. Now they have stated they would like to negotiate on my other ip. What are your thoughts on what I should go for. To continue the current pattern would mean another2% drop 4.4% or should I go for a flat rate across all the properties. What have other people done in this situation ????

8.8% should really be 7.7% IMHO.

Try for 5.5% across all properties but if they do a good job 6.6% for all.

Agree. It should be averaged across both dwellings to achieve 7.7%. The 6.6 % is on the granny flat which will attract less rent than the house, so of course they want the 8.8 % on the higher returning occupancy.

If your other IP is in a similar are/region, then ask them for 5.5 and go to 6.6 as prop mentioned. However in that instance that they are nearby are you dissatisfied with your current PM if you have one?

Push your case for economy of scale and giving them more business.

I agree. 8.8 seems a bit high to me. I have an existing ip 1 klm away with another agent on 7.7% . I think it's a fair call to beat that across all properties. 6.6 % sounds fair to me.

Back