Negotiating RE commissions in QLD

Hi all,

We are looking at giving a fantastic agent in our area "exclusive agency" for one of every two build projects we do going forward, and looking to try to negotiate a volume commission deal.

Thinking about trying to get round 2% including GST.

I know there are plenty of developers and gurus here that build and sell in high volumes, so I'd be keen to see what sort of comms people have negotiated with their REA.

We have got 2% plus GST in WA previously for a one off sale, but wondering if people thing 2% including GST would be attractive to an agent if they were offered a number of properties a year to list?

Thanks,

I've never heard of anybody negotiating down the fees (but maybe this is kept quiet). My parents (twice I think) had agents agree to accept a lower commission rather than lose the sale when buyer and seller could not reach an agreement on price. My strong memory is about 25 years ago and I'm fairly sure this happened again more recently (within last ten years?). I remember the first one very clearly but a bit fuzzy on the second one? So this has happened in cases when the agent agrees to accept a lesser amount in order to close the sale.

Last year friends of mine had their $18K commission dropped to $10K in order to complete the sale.

So, it does happen, but I'm not sure how often if would happen up front as an agreed percentage.

Thanks guys, not looking for low cost, was really interested to see if anyone had negotiated reduced commissions with agents.

I assumed many of the higher volume buyers and sellers would have done something like this, or even for a single sale like we did in WA.

Will be chatting with agent tomorrow, and let you know how it goes.

2% is pretty common as a volume discount, but depends on the volume. Stock is a bit more limited at the moment so that may help you get over the line even with a great agent.

Hi William

check us out we do a flat fee of 6K + GST

If you have a good agent that you trusty great.

I find with both the rentals and sales a lot of the time we get used as a negotiating tool to try and get the agent they like and were always going to use down on commission.

it works most of the time.

good luck but remember that agents get paid to negotiate and if they are willing to drop there paints quickly on money they make. what are they going to do with buyers.

good luck and hope this helps.

Back