Neg's with stubborn banks!

The bank is protecting themselves and would understand in time a buyer will come along and pay the price.
For the sake of $10k, you should get the property.
Its going to be positive geared and once you clean it up, I'm sure you will have capital gains

Yeah thx I realise I didn't approach this deal the best :)

But as I am paying top dollar (close to listing price but still well under value) I am in a position of power to....

What ??

You're one insignificant little individual, contractually up against a huge Bank.

They are the confirmed Seller with control of the title deed and you are but one of a few potential Buyers.

You've phaffed them about and strung them along with ridiculous low-ball offers, nibbling away at them with various counter offers negotiating yourself upwards....you start at 120, they start at 140 and you say it'll end up around 137.

...and out of that lot you consider yourself to be in a position of power ??

hahahahaha :D :D

Yeah thx I realise I didn't approach this deal the best :)

But as I am paying top dollar (close to listing price but still well under value) I am in a position of power to negotiate early access/3+ month settlement.

Still working on all details but will update once contract signed.

in what planet is paying top dollar = well under value?

Ok Dazz I suppose you are right - I will one day be in a position of great power though :cool:

I am paying top dollar because it is near listing price. Just because they idiotically listed under market value doesn't mean I am acknowledging it with the agent!

Got it for 135k (surprisingly) after playing Chicken all day. Had to sacrifice settlement timeframe from 3 months to 40 odd days.

Got early access though for tradies! I will be the 24 hour tradie who sleeps in one of the bedrooms (or the shed :eek:) to save on hotel bills.

BUT I am still holding my breath until my conveyancer receives the contract - as I've been gazumped in this position before!

Will post the house on Monday assuming it is under contract by then...

Well with my early access clause I can have tradies come and do work.

I will consider myself a tradie working 24/7.

Can I get in trouble for that? Its not like the bank is going to send a spy...

I think there is a difference between staying in the house and having access to tradies. You are talking about occupying the house, and that is different to access.
I would tread very carefully here....

a tradie isnt allowed to spend the night didnt you watch the block! (not last season the one before i think...) lol

and as other have said thats occupying
if your sleeping there then your not a 24/7 tradie

You are technically breaking the contract, which would mean that they could have the right to stop the sale from proceeding. Or at the very least to charge you rent for the time that you were squatting.

If anything happens to the house while you are occupying it, you will be responsible for insurance, and you may not be covered under your policy if you are staying there against the conditions of the contract.

To be honest, you should like a nightmare purchaser...... I hope I'm never in the situation of selling to you!

I am a nightmare purchaser as its my job to find the best deal in Australia at any given time!

So I want it the best price and the best conditions if I can get them.

Nice in person though - but a rabbid dog in business!

In my experience, there are at least as many "nice guys" successful in biz as there are pig dogs. When I deal with these nice guys I do the best I can because I know I will be treated properly in return.

I am a nightmare purchaser as its my job to find the best deal in Australia at any given time!

So I want it the best price and the best conditions if I can get them.

Rabbid dogs get shot!

Good luck to you if you can get away with it. i think you will, i can't think of a way you will get busted.

make sure you sleep in your painting clothes with a brush next to your side. that way when Gail Kelly knocks on the door at 1am you can spring up and claim an all nighter requested by the client.

I am nice to every party always - just very firm on the price and conditions.

I even have the agent helping with the reno! Probably not for long but all the agents are fighting to manage my property so thou who tries hardest wins!

Another agent I owe a few beers for the trouble I have put him through (didn't end up buying that house) but I'm sure he will help too.

What ??

You're one insignificant little individual, contractually up against a huge Bank.

They are the confirmed Seller with control of the title deed and you are but one of a few potential Buyers.

You've phaffed them about and strung them along with ridiculous low-ball offers, nibbling away at them with various counter offers negotiating yourself upwards....you start at 120, they start at 140 and you say it'll end up around 137.

...and out of that lot you consider yourself to be in a position of power ??

hahahahaha :D :D

Client of mine just settled on a Mortgagee sale for commercial vacant land. Went in one year ago with an unconditional offer of 525k (UCV 900k). Bank told him to rack off. His offer 3 months ago when they asked if he was still interested was $475k with terms which they jumped at.

He was in the position of power and it was funny to watch it unfold.

Well with my early access clause I can have tradies come and do work.

I will consider myself a tradie working 24/7.

Can I get in trouble for that? Its not like the bank is going to send a spy...

Who is supplying you with the keys for such an extended period of time? The agent? :confused:

I am nice to every party always - just very firm on the price and conditions.

I even have the agent helping with the reno! Probably not for long but all the agents are fighting to manage my property so thou who tries hardest wins!

Another agent I owe a few beers for the trouble I have put him through (didn't end up buying that house) but I'm sure he will help too.

Fighting for the 8.5% of, what? $200/$220 pw? LOL ;) Or will you negotiate them down to 5%? Good on you for having a crack!

Back