Neighbour issue , what do you think of this ?

Random,

The following is a quote from "Neighbors" thread 12-09-2011 by yourself.

"These days I try not to get too involved with My neighbors, not even into a hello, nod or a wave if I can help it".

Well your getting involved!!

I belive that the counsel would hold the Crown Land lease.

On the road licence that I have a lease on, the following are the conditions.

Licence coditions

3.8.1Without the Licensor's prior written approval, which can be given or withheld at the absolute discretion of the Licencor or be given subject to conditions:-

3.8.1.3 plant any vegitation,seed or crop on the licenced land

3.9 Erection of improvements

Erect or permit the erection of any improvement on the licenced land without the Licensor's prior written approval, which can be given or withheld at the absolute discretion of the Licensor or be given subject to conditions.

Can't believe you go to all this trouble yet twist it around to tell me I'm getting involved , umm , did I have a choice sitting on my deck minding my own business with my wife over a beer and doing up my property ! Sometimes you don't unfortunately.

+1

-------------------

Yeah the last thing I want is any of that too Lizzie , God all mighty we have so much going on . I didn't poke my nose in anywhere or touch anyone else's turf .
But as usual , God help ya if you going asking anything so logical in these places - and around and around we go.

Random,

The following is a quote from "Neighbors" thread 12-09-2011 by yourself.

"These days I try not to get too involved with My neighbors, not even into a hello, nod or a wave if I can help it".

Well your getting involved!!

I belive that the counsel would hold the Crown Land lease.

On the road licence that I have a lease on, the following are the conditions.

Licence coditions

3.8.1Without the Licensor's prior written approval, which can be given or withheld at the absolute discretion of the Licencor or be given subject to conditions:-

3.8.1.3 plant any vegitation,seed or crop on the licenced land

3.9 Erection of improvements

Erect or permit the erection of any improvement on the licenced land without the Licensor's prior written approval, which can be given or withheld at the absolute discretion of the Licensor or be given subject to conditions.

One more point on this mate , your being a bit bloody formal aren't you . So what your now telling me that everybody in Australia doing anything to their nature strip , needs a license , lighten up for God sake.
You'd need 20 yrs just to go around and tell them all that - good luck and another 20 to do the licenses ! I told you what my council guy said , you think they'd rather spend the money doing a couple of million k of nature strips!
He's all for anything we can do towards helping to tidy the bloody road up again after these buggers- they were his words. I better tell him I can't now and I want the whole song and dance licensed, just what we all need , more licenses .

...or what ??

Pffftt.....respect.....the neighbour obviously has zero for random.

Respect has to be earnt.

Elephants aren't forced to respect ants. Ants are forced to respect elephants.

Exactly cu, bs but I've obviously hit a nerve with Dazz in some way and he's answering from sentiment .
The rest of the neighbours and I have quite a cool thing going , whoever's out with a mower will mow each others strips , nice little nod here anf there , and respect for each others privacy and turf.
And guess what , they've all had problems with this guy and I was warned day one , stay away from him and if he tries anything on tell him to f'off! and one of those has been here 50yrs.
But then eh , all just more around and around we go , God knows what possessed me to ever ask something again in here.
The usual 5 pages of dribble, repeating and illogic , for a couple of common sense replies- ain't worth the grief !

Last edited:
Random, you've already done the typical Aussie thing and tried to think you are equal. You're not. He trumps you in almost every way to do with property...the topic of conversation.

Give him his due respect that he will demand from you, given his superior position, and I predict life will become much calmer for you long term.

What is it with Aussies thinking they are all equal ?? The root cause of most flare ups.

Not on my acre does he trump me.

So those with more land and money should be able to ride roughshod over the proprietory rights of lesser wealthy ?

If farmer palmer tried that on my land he would be treated as trespassers are treated by ...well...farmers.

Dazz- you would be the first to exert your legal (contractual) rights against any problem tenant. What is different with OP doing this with a problem neighbour:confused:

Maybe I misread the post but I understood it was OP's land at issue?

Not on my acre does he trump me.

So those with more land and money should be able to ride roughshod over the proprietory rights of lesser wealthy ?

If farmer palmer tried that on my land he would be treated as trespassers are treated by ...well...farmers.

Dazz- you would be the first to exert your legal (contractual) rights against any problem tenant. What is different with OP doing this with a problem neighbour:confused:

Maybe I misread the post but I understood it was OP's land at issue?

Exactly ! and no , to the contrary it sounds like your one of the few that actually did read the post , dunno what it is about these joints . You would think if somebodie's going to go to the trouble of answering something , they'd at least put a bit of thought and comprehension into what was actually said in the first place.
Maybe Dazz's alter ego is too the unrespected big shot , you WILL respect me God damn it or I'll squash you like a bug , I have money , I'm a man of property !
Cheers

Last edited:
Maybe I misread the post...

Yes, I think you have.

I understood it was OP's land at issue?

No, it seems from the top of the first post, the major bug bear is the position of the farmer's driveway itself. This rookery is just a pimple on the bum of the driveway.

Let's have another looksee...

We've just bought a lifestyle place, a house on 1 ac, there's a 500 ac property running beside it.

Ummm, no, it would be far more accurate to say that your tiny little 1 acre property is totally engulfed by his, with your property probably being one of 5 or 6 neighbours he has. It is physically impossible for large 500 acre paddocks to "run beside" tiny 1 acre lots.

True to form, that farmer, only one of 6 other farms he owns I'm told, has the driveway into his property, along my 1 ac side fence.

No, once again, your frame of reference is all wrong and out of wack. Your tail is wagging your dog. Your side fence is partially along his long driveway. Large properties tend to have long driveways.

Why you listen to all of the gossip around town about what he supposedly owns smacks of small mindedness to me. It's none of your business and has no bearing on the issue at hand.

I mean, he owns 1 1/2 kl of roadside, yet this is where he has his driveway, along my 1ac's side fence.

Are you kidding me ?? Did he build the driveway after your tiny little 1 acre allotment was carved out ?? Not likely. I reckon the driveway had been there for yonks.

Mate, you're like these clowns who buy into a housing strip next to an industrial dump, get the house for next to nothing and then complain about the smell.

You were aware of the driveway weren't you prior to buying ??

No one lives there but they come and go, usually at 5 or 6pm on a Sunday, Sat' arvo, trucks, tractors quad bikes, again true to form.

So no-one lives there, but it still causes you grief.

What's this true to form nonsense. He's been there for donkeys and you've just arrived in the district ?? What do you mean true to form ?? See post # 5 from eXc ;

Bikes, truck etc - you are in the country, you will just have to get used to it, that is why people buy big land, to have either quiet or space to do things. The quiet you will get, but only at certain times when neighbours are not doing their way of relaxing.

I know you haven't done it - but if anyone told me to stop riding my bike at my parents (18 acres) where I've been riding for 25 years, after they moved in 2 weeks ago, i would not give them a warm welcome either​

This was the only drawback when we were looking at it and that side is mostly treed out and on the opposite edge to the house area anyway , with the shed also in between. Also in the 5 or 6 mths in coming over while we were getting the finance sorted , never once saw anybody use that driveway anyway. So we figured they must only come over now and then to check the place and it should be right.

So you admit you didn't do enough research about the driveway. You were aware of it but decided to proceed anyway, and now you are trying to upset what has been for years. Yep, I know your sort.

They've been cutting across the edge of my nature strip with trucks over the yrs and I could see that so I've started planting that corner out and putting in a rockery to stop it.

You're a typical modern day worm. What's wrong with going up to the man and having a chat with him first ?? Introduce yourself, shake hands and then start a conversation with him. As pointed out, it ain't "your" nature strip, it's the Councils.

Instead, you chose to ignore him, put a bunch of rocks in his way to inflict damage on his tyres, set the trap and then casually sit on your porch and wait for him to react. Nice.

It's a beautiful little spot, one of the nicest areas of the property.

Turn it up !! The nice little bare patch where the trucks have been rolling over for the past umpteen years....that's one of the nicest areas of the property ?? Who are you trying to kid.

This thread is a farce.

To clarify –

You may well have equal rights to your neighbour under modern law, but under the ancient law of nature – whereby strength dictates right – your claim to legal rights is an abomination.

Proper deference for power earned through hardship in the natural order – instead of cowardly exploiting rights granted to you for nothing under the new order – alone would make a real man of you.

The only right course of action would have been to have approached your natural superior with proper humility and entreated him to concede to your pleas. Naturally, he would have properly expected a concession in return, but in all likelihood this would have been something materially trifling, such contributing your labour to repositioning the gate, or merely continuing to show him just deference as an inferior should.

Expect this transgression of natural law now not to go unpunished!

Above all, Sir, discover how powerless your puny modern rights are when his bulldozer rather than his trucks obliterate the Crown's - not your! - ‘gentrified’ little nature strip.

So who will pay for the damage the rocks do to the truck tires as they turn into the driveway?

Hang on: they are your rocks, you knowingly put them where the tire turn marks are... you will!

Buggered if I know why you make such a fuss over a truck cutting the edge of a nature strip, trying to acess a property. The track was there when you bought the property. Showing a little bit of good will could go a long way. Cant see how many acres the guy owns, has got to do with anything. You seem like another whinger with tall poppy syndrome. And whats wrong with some advice about some trees.

How about an alternate scenario Dazz? Falmer Palmer has had this land for generations- a crown grant back in 1870s for a token sum and being in the right place at the right time.

Passed down for generations but with subsidies drying up and no valuable minerals underneath - well a farmer has to survive- so he decides to sell off a small piece to some city slicker. Pay for the boarding school fees, Holden Maloo and other essentials.

Surveyor comes out to survey the cut off- falmer palmer says "I don't want to lose valuable grazing land so make sure the old gravel path is on the chop off lot" - a win/win for farmer palmer (lose/lose for neighbour)- he gets the $ but still uses the road! Been using the road for generations- not about to stop now after all its still mine.

Arguments with the first couple of owners of the lot when they objected but they calmed down (no fence means fringe benefit of free agistment on the small lot too!).

Now OP starts up so Farmer Palmer protects his (non legal or proprietory) rights- go in hard - rugby style- that will shut them up.

I agree that we don't hear the other side of the story but FFS stop treating anyone with a complaint as a namby pamby gen y layabout- it doesn't really help clear the issue.

OP - please explain to me- the land that farmer palmer is giving you grief on- is it yours, his or local governments?

If yours- put up a fence. If the other 2- tough titties.

To suppose that there ever existed a ‘natural order’ in the affairs of mankind is of course where the ideological corruption begins.

The very possibility of there even being such a thing as a ‘mankind’ devolves from our uniquely human capacity to communicate through language.

Consequently, the essential fact that all decent-thinking people throughout Western intellectual history have invariably intuited is: There simply never was a ‘natural’ human order that preceded societal ‘laws’.
The natural law tradition – from no less than Plato in the 4th century BC through to Thomas Hobbes in the 16thC AD – was at its best only ever a reactionary political conceit desperately attempting to confer political legitimacy upon already-powerful elites – invariably on account of their ‘naturally superior’ nature, and always in the face of emergent demands for participatory democracy at each truly revolutionary social turning point in Western history.

Apart from occasionally spectacular populist ascensions, this arch-conservative tradition has always ultimately failed, but its contemporary adherents nonetheless fight on to promote conferring more power to the already-powerful, curiously always in the name of ‘the greater good’.

And for who’s greater good, specifically, do you think that might be?

In your own lifetime at least, you would be well advised by history herself to never be taken so easily for a fool!

But as far as owning lots of land goes , 2/3 of the farmers round here got their land for nothing anyway 50 years back through gov't dairy schemes and the sneakier they were the more land and money they scored through the scheme .
Most of them wouldn't know what a mortgage looked like I've talked to dozens of them and they have zero comprehension , zero , of what normal people go through now to buy property and pay it off as well as do it up and fund reno's

I've never heard of any farmer getting his land for nothing. Got any proof this happened? I reckon it's garbage. All land has a value, and it had value 50 years ago. No one would have got it for nothing.

See ya's.

What's wrong with going up to the man and having a chat with him first ?? Introduce yourself, shake hands and then start a conversation with him. As pointed out, it ain't "your" nature strip, it's the Councils.

Instead, you chose to ignore him, put a bunch of rocks in his way to inflict damage on his tyres, set the trap and then casually sit on your porch and wait for him to react. Nice.

Turn it up !! The nice little bare patch where the trucks have been rolling over for the past umpteen years....that's one of the nicest areas of the property ?? Who are you trying to kid.

This is spot on.

I just skimmed that article. Where does it say anywhere that the farms were given for free?

Crown land was set apart for returning soldiers who in order to buy or lease such a block were required to be certified as qualified and to remain in residence on that land for 5 years.

The land still had to be payed for. I don't know if it was a bit cheaper than going rates? It probably was or otherwise where would be the incentive to take it up? But most went broke very quickly. The farms were cut into livable blocks at that time, but that proved to be way too small as time went on. So the usual consolidation of farms happened. There may have been just one successfull soldier settler left, on one big farm, or 10 former farms after a generation or so.

It was no different for closer settlement schemes. In my area the quarter million acre AACo property was re-acquired by the government and cut into small farms. It was balloted, and the winner of the ballot was able to buy the farm.

See ya's.

I've never heard of any farmer getting his land for nothing. Got any proof this happened? I reckon it's garbage. All land has a value, and it had value 50 years ago. No one would have got it for nothing.

See ya's.
ye , if they did they probably worked on it for 30yrs for nothing, to get the same equal share as the siblings who didnt work on it.

Sorry, guilty of skimming too (except Dazz's bits cos they're always funny, except when they're directed at me, then it takes me a few days to see 'the funny')

Anyhoo, I believe naturestrips are Council-controlled land. Generally, you're not allowed to place any 'thing' on council-controlled land without a permit. So, your rocks are probably there illegally. There may be an opening for him to claim damages from you if your rocks damage his trucks....tread carefully.

Or, you could take a few brews over & apologise for getting off on the wrong foot? He may be a great bloke & afterall, it's only trucks running over grass, it aint like you've got a Banditos clubhouse operating from there. Is it really worth making an enemy of this person if you've just moved in to your ideal property? Don't let this ruin it for you :)

Back