Nepal Earthquake

Couldn't find another thread so thought I would start one... Nepal has always been a special place to me, some of my best holiday memories from various hiking, climbing and kayaking trips there, the locals were always very friendly, honest and welcoming. The news of this devastating earthquake seems to get worse every day.

I donate to Red Cross, they have people on the ground and low administrative overheads, but if others have donation contacts or ideas please share. Your money goes a long way in Nepal as it is a fairly inexpensive country.

6487050205_c2926a4a7b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one. Worth paying attention to.
People are busy with glorifing two criminals. After looking at social media and news paper sites, I had to search on Google to check what was happening in Nepal!

Link to Red Cross is solicitation ? oh well...

Well over 7000 dead now, and 75% of Kathmandu damaged. Some villages completely wiped out.
Spare a thought and some cash (tax deductible !), it makes most of our problems look quite trivial.

If you would like to support the relief effort, there is a local Nepalese charity directly supporting affected communities near Kathmandu.

The President of this charity lead a 3-week trek I completed in the Everest Region a few years ago. He leads treks for one of the Australian trekking companies, however in his spare time, he and his wife ( a nurse ) are heavily involved in running a health clinic. There are Australian Doctors and Dentists that also help in the clinic at times.

They are actively mobilising to deliver aid. My friend is currently organising food and other aid deliveries into affected communities.

Search for Sanjiwani Australia.

Last edited:
Back