Nerang, QLD

Hi All
Just a heads up, I have a property in Nerang which I purchased 12 months ago, when the market bottomed. I have been closely monitoring prices in this area, since the election prices have started to rise. Currently there is a shortage of houses, not the case with units.

Real estate agents do not have enough stock, generally when this happens in the market place we will start to see a rise in prices. For those interested in capturing some growth this area may have potential, as mentioned houses are in demand, not units.

Cheers
MTR:)

Cool, been wondering what was happening down the gold cost way.
Some nice houses there too, what's the rental crowd like?

I have not had an issue renting my property.
You need a good property manager for this area, LJ Hooker Nerang are very good.

There are still plenty of townhouses and unit for sale in Nerang. Is there a oversupply. What do you think of the growth prospects for Nerang.

There is an oversupply of units/townhouses in Nerang, however the market is very tight, shortage houses, market is rising now. Good time to be jumping in.

Cheers
MTR

Last edited:
There is an oversupply of units/townhouses in Nerang, however the market is very tight, shortage houses, market is rising now. Good time to be jumping in.

Cheers
MTR

Hi MTR,

Do you think the rents will hold up. I understand the market is hotting up. I made a few offers and was shot down quickly as discounting is very unlikely.
Currently looking at nerang and carrara as they could be a transportation hub between GC and Brisbane.
But my concern is where is the employment hub. Is still brisbane. What is the big industry in Nerang.

Hi MTR,

Do you think the rents will hold up. I understand the market is hotting up. I made a few offers and was shot down quickly as discounting is very unlikely.
Currently looking at nerang and carrara as they could be a transportation hub between GC and Brisbane.
But my concern is where is the employment hub. Is still brisbane. What is the big industry in Nerang.

I will only speak for Nerang, many properties going to auction now and selling prior to auction, market is starting to rise. However as I mentioned only buy houses not units. I believe that this market will continue to rise, supply vs demand, not enough stock at the moment. Do your own homework as this is just my opinion for what it is worth.

LJ Hooker Nerang are very good agents and excellent property management services. They sell the majority of the stock

Cheers
MTR

Just another update, apparently lots of buyers agents now jumping into this market buying multiple properties for their clients, this is a good sign. :)

Quite a few gov depts have offices here, mostly though its small business ether side of the M1 commercial zones that provide services to the region.

In reality, most peops that live here do NOT work locally

ta
rolf

In my opinion solely, ' quite a few gov depts' just wont cut it - really need the breath and depth of jobs in a major city. Fortunately, there is a train line that ships workers to and from Nerang to Brisbane CBD, and indeed this is what a lot of people do.

In my opinion solely, ' quite a few gov depts' just wont cut it - really need the breath and depth of jobs in a major city. Fortunately, there is a train line that ships workers to and from Nerang to Brisbane CBD, and indeed this is what a lot of people do.

So where do canberrans work :)

Ta

Rolf

Last edited:

how long does the trip from Nerang to Brisbane CBD? not too long for people commute everyday?
also is it true about gov. depts will be moved to Robina?

how long does the trip from Nerang to Brisbane CBD? not too long for people commute everyday?

A bit over an hour on the train. If you commute to bris cbd you really must be near a station - the buses are hopeless and road congestion on the GC is terrible. The train has WiFi which i'm using now :)

can someone point out which streets are bad and good? i only know the areas behind malls are usually bad where some people hiding and drink and dont know what else they do...

cheers

to be honest, id avoid the area completely,
its the rough suburbs of the shire,
and yes I do buy/recommend in rough areas in general,
however I think that most people look for lifestyle and good areas when inevsting in this area,

Houses have started to move already, townhouses/units havent moved as quickly as yet, but most of the agents are predicting the TH/Unit market to follow suit

I recently had a look at nerang properties, and although they were quite nice, there was an oversupply in units/townhouses.

Id honestly stick to Robina and surrounds as the prices arent that much different

Back