Netflix

Yeah, Orphan Black started OK but got stranger as it went along.

For something completely different but excellent- Cosmos: a Spacetime Odyssey. A story of the universe and our discovery of it. It's very well done.

Have never bothered with Foxtel. Have had Netflix for 3 years. It is simply awesome. Content on demand when you have "spare" time.

I've got the Colombian version myself, I don't know how much the content varies from the U.S. Or Australian version, but there are some shoes which have been mentioned that I can't access.

All the English language shows are in English, with Spanish subtitles available if I choose- that's good for language learning. Some shows have optional Spanish dubbing and English subtitles- even better for language learning. Spanish language shows though don't have an English option.

I've got the Colombian version myself, I don't know how much the content varies from the U.S. Or Australian version, but there are some shoes which have been mentioned that I can't access.

All the English language shows are in English, with Spanish subtitles available if I choose- that's good for language learning. Some shows have optional Spanish dubbing and English subtitles- even better for language learning. Spanish language shows though don't have an English option.

I just changed from US to OZ for few mins to check out differences.

First thing I noticed was that shows like Housos is not avail in US but is in OZ (expected). Not sure how they'd subtitle Housos for the US market.

If you use a Dynamic DNS service, you'll find you can move between US, OZ, UK or even Colombia ;) ..... in only a few secs.

U.S., UK, Aus. They all have different programming. Some countries are further through Seasons of TV shows than others. You just flick and pick. Simple. Death of the Video Store though. :confused:

I think death of video store was on the cards years ago, pity anyone stuck with this type of business

MTR:)

Yeah just finished the first month free period and not renewing.

Nowhere near enough content in AUS yet. Maybe later??

Use a VPN service (I paid $50 for 1 year). Netflix thinks you're in the US and will provide you with US content. Heaps more content available than in Oz.

Use a VPN service (I paid $50 for 1 year). Netflix thinks you're in the US and will provide you with US content. Heaps more content available than in Oz.

Yeah thats ok but whats the content like?

I'm not much of a fan of US TV.
A couple shows that run locally now are fine. I dont spend much time in front of the big box but when its rainy we love to waste time on a movie or two.

Therefore, Im mainly after movies. How much more does the US subscription provide re movies?

Yeah thats ok but whats the content like?

I'm not much of a fan of US TV.
A couple shows that run locally now are fine. I dont spend much time in front of the big box but when its rainy we love to waste time on a movie or two.

Therefore, Im mainly after movies. How much more does the US subscription provide re movies?

Not sure about pure movies numbers, but in general (atm), the total no's of all movies/tv shows is OZ (1313) vs US (7724). In addition, if you roved other parts of the world, you will find stuff not available in either of these, so the unique titles across all regions is much more (something like 12K, I believe).

Example:

Iron Man 1,2,3 are all available in UK but none of these are in OZ or US

If you are only thinking about Netflixing etc in other regions, I'd suggest a dynamic dns, if you care about privacy, then perhaps a vpn. Make sure whatever you choose is fit for your own purpose....such as how many devices, users etc can connect.

Have had Netflix australia for a few months now, content is ok, but not as good as I expected, am now going to look at Netflix usa as many have mentioned, more shows etc

Have had Netflix australia for a few months now, content is ok, but not as good as I expected, am now going to look at Netflix usa as many have mentioned, more shows etc

If you want the most out of content availability, then perhaps use a "dynamic dns" service (as I've mentioned before), it's easier to setup xbox, bluray smart tv's etc.

If you'll be purely playing via a laptop/pc then it might be easier to use a vpn service that will let you change between countries at will.

I've found vpn's a little restricting in a home setting. For example, I can only have 1x login at a time. A problem in a household where we often have 2 people streaming at once. But vpn's are quite handy for smartphones on the train or public wifi etc.

This is what I'ved watched in the last month - avail on US Netflix

Flip or Flop - series about flipping houses
Hell on Wheels
Salem
Wentworth
The Tomorrow People

Other previous shows include - Continuum, Haven, 4400, assorted movies & older tv series like Quincy ME & others I can't remember right now. All not available on OZ.

Starting to watch "The Transporter" tv series as of yesterday.

No idea if it's on Netflix - but I'm enjoying Wayward Pines thoroughly. A genuinely creepy show without being too corny, with just the right amount of cling hangers and mystery.

Hopefully they can keep it up.

No idea if it's on Netflix - but I'm enjoying Wayward Pines thoroughly. A genuinely creepy show without being too corny, with just the right amount of cling hangers and mystery.

Hopefully they can keep it up.
Nice..........Had a look at the trailer on youtube....first impression was a mix of Twin Peaks & something else. I would expect not avail on Netflix until end of season (if at all). Available on Hulu though already (if using a dns/vpn). I might start watching this after finish my current series :D

I've watched 8 episodes of the new Netflix original Sense8 (today) - slowish to start, but kept us watching & now starting to get really good.

Demolished Orange is the New Black. Was friggen awesome!

Now smashing Weeds. Such a good show. Highly recommended! Hooks you in and doesn't get old.

3rd Season of Orphan Black is available on Denmark's Netflix if anyone has Hola. Problem is the season gets ridiculous. I've lost interest.

House of cards is really well done. Wife hates American politics though so isn't really interested (which means I don't really get to watch it).

Looking forward to new orange is the new black in 5 days! Going to be awesome.

If you flick to USA Netflix Ramsay's kitchen nightmares is pretty entertaining if you want some trashy tv.

Oh and blacklist is soooooo good!

Back