Netflix

Just got Netflix and fetch tv. Thinking of saying goodbye to foxtel after 16 years. I am a sports nut though and have to figure out how I will get my sports fix.

Just got Netflix and fetch tv. Thinking of saying goodbye to foxtel after 16 years. I am a sports nut though and have to figure out how I will get my sports fix.

See my previous post:

Nope, Apple TV has apps for most major sports leagues. About $80 for a full season I think. That's probably one month or so of Foxtel sports package? Unless you watch lots of different leagues (say more than 4 or 5), you're better of using Apple TV/Netflix.

My peak time bandwidth with Internode seems to have taken a BIG hit. We use to be able to have 2 x Netflix USA streaming at same time.

The last week or so has become REALLY BAD - now have to kick the teen off Netflix or any other type of streaming so we can watch in the lounge. Even FB or general surfing is slow when the teen is streaming Netflix :(

Just binge-watched "Wentworth", "Daredevil" & an investor/reno show, "Flip & Flop" over the last week.

Giving the Netflix a workout during the day-time. Better than housework :D

Both for me, I check the Aus one first as it's quota free, (iiNet via a FetchTV box). If it's not on there I flick over to the AppleTV box and see whats on USA Netflix.

Remember, you only need ONE Netflix account, and pay ONCE. You login to Netflix with the same credentials on whatever device you have set up for whatever region and you are served up the content available for that region.

Has anyone tried Stan?

I'm thinking about giving them a go after dealing with Netflix and being very unimpressed.

I wasted 2-3hrs dealing with multiple people at netflix because it won't run HD on my computer if you run a second screen on another device. It will run HD on the pc if that's the device you use first, but as soon as you plug in another device and stream it removes the hd option.

It will run HD on all the other devices, I was running HD on the PS3 and PS4 at the same time, as soon as I try and run it on the PS3 and the computer it won't run on the computer any more.

And of course the staff had NOOOO idea what to do or say. They kept trying to say the internet must not be quick enough to run two hd screens at my house...despite the fact that I could run two hd screens at my house, just not the pc as a second screen, and despite the fact that you need 5mbps line speed for 1 hd screen and I was getting 12mbps on my pc even while running the ps3 in hd in the background.

Bahhhh humbug.

Very annoyed that they weren't able to fix it, and the refused to log it as a bug issue to be reported to IT, and they refused to take my complaint about their service. I can't find anywhere to report a complaint at all.

So really really useless customer service/technical support. Hence why I might try Stan instead.

Grrrrrrrrrrr

Tim86 - Do you have your playback settings at "Auto" or "High" ?

I believe when set to "Auto", it will adjust to best bandwidth setting. Perhaps forcing it to "High" will fix your problem?

Tim86 - Do you have your playback settings at "Auto" or "High" ?

I believe when set to "Auto", it will adjust to best bandwidth setting. Perhaps forcing it to "High" will fix your problem?

Both on high, even tried putting the ps3 on medium and the computer on high and that didn't fix it.

It doesn't even have the HD symbol on the PC when the ps3 is running, usually when it's buffering HD it will have the HD symbol and say "HD, but not playing in HD, or HD buffering". It just removes that symbol completely and plays in standard definition.

But like I said it's nothing to do with connection speed because I can run the ps3 in hd then plug in the ps4 and run that in hd as well. But I can't run the ps3 in hd and then plug in the pc and run in hd...

Seems like it's just a bug with netflix, one that they weren't interested in paying any attention to unfortunately.

Back