Network 21 (Amway)

I have been in Network21 for a couple of years but now I am out of it. Here are the plusses and minuses in my experience.

Plusses
-It's a good way to learn about marketing. I appreciate the knowledge that I gained although I paid dearly with my time and money.
-It it suits your personality and if you are a peoples person, it is a good way of establishing a small business. It's not exactly a business. Self-employment is probably a better word.
-Sadly plusses end here.

Minuses
-You need to devote time. And not an hour a day as some people claim but much more than that if you want to make it big.
- Nobody will tell you that failure (drop-out) rate is very high. Yes, those who make it make good money but for everyone who makes it, there are numerous who fail.
-It's not just $100 that you are investing. You will have to continously keep investing in seminars, tapes, books and products. In the end don't be surprised if you end up spending thousands. So it is important to make up your mind firmly either way.
-It's a very good way of losing friends and relatives. Steer clear of people who you like. Nobody likes to lose money. If your friend loses money because of you, he won't be happy. And there is much more chance of a person losing money than making it in this.

It's easy to be carried away. I think you gotta get your priorities right and decide if it suits your personality. Again it turns out really good for a very small minority and not so good for majority. You could be in either side depending upon your personality.

Cheers.

Definations

Business: Something which is a system and runs itself. If you have a business and you go on a holiday for 6 months with your phone off, it should make no difference to the income generated by the business.

Self-Employment: You are the system. You work, you earn, You stop working, earning starts falling and eventually dies.

Fact: To reach the level where you have residual income for life using Amway as a vehicle, takes a lot of time (atleast a few years) and a very small %age reaches there.
Personally I would reach much more residual income (and assets, remember u never build assets in Amway) in that time using Property Investing as a vehicle, but that's just me. :D

I'd say more like a system to take advantage of them and feed them misleading information. As an " Independent Business Owner" you are anything but. You are quickly disowned by a dozen people who yesterday all kept saying "I love you" if you even make any hint of not conforming. Of course you can play their own game and feed them some BS.
Amway always officially states "No one may pressure you to buy or use BSMs."
Anyone who signed up knows this is not true in most cases.
Of course thay may have changed in the last few years, I might just turn up to an amway meeting and make an audio recording.

There are many employers out there offering free training, and those I speak to tell me their main problem is employees not taking it up.
There are also many employers offering far better incentives & commissions.
If you work nights at your local grocer for a year and save the money you'll have ~15k, 1.5 years and you can buy a small IP that also gives you long term residual income. Without buying books, courses, tape of the week etc etc etc.
If an IBO's downline sell $20k worth of products, how much does he get in income? $400? $600? after expenses?

If your are a business owner, than I would recommend you learn how MLMs work, their payment & incentive systems and how they motivate people, be it amway or any other major mlm company. It could be useful in your own company.

Back