New 2014 Brisbane town plan - help please.

Reading the draft town plan looking at doing a granny flat/pool house/villa down the track (on a low dens.res. 565m2 10m frontage corner block with a tiny house out front and a long easily accessible back yard) and I am having some issues understanding a few things .

Granny flats: The allowable size of a secondary dwelling (or granny flat) at 80 square metres, without the need for a development assessment, has been retained.
Firstly, can anyone tell me when this new plan, that has increased the granny flat size to 80m2 will be in place?
And it reads that no DA is required for 80m2 but if I want bigger it may be possible with DA?

And what does this mean in simple English?
Small lots: The requirements for small lots of 300 square metres has been revised in the low density residential zone, with sites now having to be within 200 metres from a centre zone that is larger than 2000 square metres. This will boost housing options in appropriate suburban areas.
Small 300m2 lots in LDR? Then it wouldn't be LDR anymore would it?
centre zone that is larger than 2000m2? What is that?

snips taken from here which appears to be a 31 January 2014 update.
http://www.geraldineknapp.com.au/news/news/new_city_plan_to_guide_brisbanes_future_development

No takers?

I'm really trying to avoid the drudgery that is getting what should be simple answers from council.
I've had enough grief for one week dealing with Telstra.

Hi
Missed this one as I was in the midst of opening a new office.

Granny flats can't be rented separately in BCC areas.

300m2 LDR lots are allowable if you can walk a distance that is 200m or less to a block or blocks of land that are zoned as a centre and that have a minimum aggregrate size of 2000m2.

Hope that help.

Back