New ANZ switch process

I dont know why I do so much work with ANZ. They are really painful.

60 day old payslip, no ID requirements, short term employment, upfront vals, 3 months refi statements, pretty good calculator for PAYG PPOR only sorts, simple/easy credit score, but then it goes to Mumbai......

I had one of these done about 12-18 months ago. Seemed easy enough. Filled out the form and waited. And waited. Anz lost the form twice and by the time they assessed the application the I/O period had ceased. They basically said bad luck to having to pay principle repayments in the interim. Mine was originally an lmi de?l but the let it through. Only for 2 years I/O though instead of the 5 requested. So I guess I'm up for more fun in the not too distant future once the 2 years is up.

Please report back space ranger.

Like you, I have one coming off the 5 year I.O. period with them in a few months. In the absence of any credit critical supporting documentation, I pray they don't offer you pliers to self extract any of your pearly whites.

Ok, it went something like this......

Last Friday (14/3), I went in for my appointment. Told them the fixed interest rate term i wanted. They checked to see if the loan was previously issued with LMI. It wasn't. That was it. No forms, nothing to sign, no pay slips or anything else required to be submitted.

Today, (18/3) confirmed via email that the rate is locked in and variation letter is in the post.

Ok, it went something like this......

Last Friday (14/3), I went in for my appointment. Told them the fixed interest rate term i wanted. They checked to see if the loan was previously issued with LMI. It wasn't. That was it. No forms, nothing to sign, no pay slips or anything else required to be submitted.

Today, (18/3) confirmed via email that the rate is locked in and variation letter is in the post.

Bravo Leventi. I'll keep the faith.

Thanks for reporting back.

Hi All,
I approached ANZ Branch early January to do paperwork as my original fixed rate was expiring 22nd January,I now split into 3 sep loans as they were all in one and fixed them IO over 2 years I fitted their non critical so all went well on 23rd Jan all done .I am going to have to pay a small fee to uncross them and the manager has told me no re application needs to be done I will do this at end of new term.

If we are talking about the same thing, I'm currently trying to convert a P&I loan into an IO with ANZ.

Horrible experience with first point of contacts at the moment; admittedly I'm OS so everything's harder. Went through the IVR, chose mortgages and got told someone from the mortgage team needed to call me, and it would take 5-7 days to call back, nobody ever did.

Complained on FB, someone promised a call back within 24 hours, never for it.

Called again, cracked it hard, did the same on FB, finally got a CB from the call centre 12 days after I wanted to speak to someone. The guy emailed me 2 docs, a privacy form and a form for email addresses. So far over the phone they've only asked two questions, why the change and if my debt had improved, stayed the same or worsened since the creation of the loan, no questions about income, serviceability and so on.

Hopefully the bad start is finished by a seemingly too easy conversion... I did ask if i could choose the day of the month for the monthly IO to come out, he said no.

I thought I would give my experience a bump - and it hasn't been a good one. After 7 weeks of chasing, providing my PSF (Position of Financial Statement), scanning docs, slips etc from abroad - I have been rejected due to insufficient income. My payments on the property concerned will go from $3,700 a month as a P&I to $3,100 a month as an I/O, and still I have an apparent serviceability issue despite:

- my gross income being higher as an expat OS than it ever was in Australia
- my net income being higher as an expat OS than it ever was in Australia (15% personal tax rate in Mauritius)
- IP #1 is cash flow positive
- no credit card debt
- no personal loans, store cards, car loans = $0
- Uncommitted monthly income larger than the required payment if the I/O loan ever reverts back to P&I (as they mentioned in their email as their rationale)

Completely at a loss, and have asked for the break fees.

Am I being unreasonable?

I thought I would give my experience a bump - and it hasn't been a good one. After 7 weeks of chasing, providing my PSF (Position of Financial Statement), scanning docs, slips etc from abroad - I have been rejected due to insufficient income. My payments on the property concerned will go from $3,700 a month as a P&I to $3,100 a month as an I/O, and still I have an apparent serviceability issue despite:

- my gross income being higher as an expat OS than it ever was in Australia
- my net income being higher as an expat OS than it ever was in Australia (15% personal tax rate in Mauritius)
- IP #1 is cash flow positive
- no credit card debt
- no personal loans, store cards, car loans = $0
- Uncommitted monthly income larger than the required payment if the I/O loan ever reverts back to P&I (as they mentioned in their email as their rationale)

Completely at a loss, and have asked for the break fees.

Am I being unreasonable?

What currency are you being paid in?

ANZs standard policy on how foreign income is dealt with is very harsh and in my option mathematically unfair as it doesn't actually reflect their stated reasoning behind the policy. It can make them a bad choice for expat loans.

That said, I finished submitting an expat loan with ANZ about 30 minutes ago.

Their position can be negotiated but the policies need to be well understood and argued, then translated properly into their serviceability calculator; which is something that's rarely understood by most people in lending.

Yeah they like to do things like:

1) take 20% off the overseas job incomes.
2) then apply tax at Australian rates .
3) then take 20% off the rental income.
4) and then assess the loan repayments at P&I over a shorter term
5) at higher than actual %'s even if fixing.

Lots of buffers in their model! All for logical reasons but added all together the cumulative effect makes a strong borrowing capacity weak / modest.

As always not all lenders have the same policies.

re the switch side...
LMI deals are painful to do - we just settled a switch from P&I to I/O for an investment property which took them over 2 weeks to process
The I/O to I/O rollover without LMI deemed non credit critical we can get done same day as it just gets signed off.

Apparently there is only one person who does all of the credit critical switches for the bank for australia hence the massive delays. If true you'd think anz would have a better setup.
BDM for ANZ advises that in all cases do not use the branch and use broker side as he cant escalate if in the branch network.

I applied through my broker to change from P&I to IO mid last week. I was very concerned with doing this previously due to full application consequences, including valuation etc.

It was as simple as a single piece of paper (that I saw, it may have been a little more complex for my broker), and was done within a week.

They didn't even need the request to come from the broker that originally set the loan up.

Impressed. Very impressed.

Back