New Apartments 3kms from Brisbane City?

Hi All, Im looking at spenidng $550k for a 2 bedder 3 kms from Brisbane City. I hear good things about Woollogabba in terms of CG's. What do you think about Woollongabba OR any other surburbs close by.....seems like alot of apartments off the plan

Hi All, Im looking at spenidng $550k for a 2 bedder 3 kms from Brisbane City. I hear good things about Woollogabba in terms of CG's. What do you think about Woollongabba OR any other surburbs close by.....seems like alot of apartments off the plan

The main problem with the gabba is that the aussies always lose in the cricket there.

From a property perspective, yep- a fair amount of supply, which will limit short term CG, although nowhere near the kind of supply of apartments in places like docklands, southbank etc..I think the location will see demand match supply in short-medium term and all good from a CG point of view after that.
Will need to hold them for longer than houses or townhouses to realise similar CG in similar areas.
I would probably try a house or townhouse in neighbouring suburbs for that price, as they give a stronger CG potential than unit, however unit may rent quicker and have a higher yield.

Which apartments are you looking at?

There are some quality developments of two bedders for $100k less than what you are looking at paying - also, Terry Ryder has a new report I noticed re: Brisbane inner city oversupply - worth a read. On a personal level my two apartments that are inner city has moved backwards in rent due to current over supply - just some thoughts to share

I would say stay out of units at all cost in any major cbd at this stage, you're going to face over supply very shortly, maybe even before your unit settle there are already over supply....unless you Wana live there...but it will be cheaper if you pay rent instead as no strata fees and council :p

Back