New Business Launching this week!

Hey Guys, I thought I would share this with you as myself and my partner are pretty excited about it.

We are in the final stages of launching another online business, the business is trading as Your Business Website and is basically a site targeted to small business and work at home types that are looking at setting up their first website.

The product we offer allows businesses to setup and manage their own website online via a wizard and drag/drop interface for a monthly fee, this saves them needing to spend thousands of dollars to hire a web designer, and lets them build their own site the way they want easily!

If you guys want to go check it out, would love to hear your feedback!

http://www.yourbusinesswebsite.com.au

sorry to burst your bubble but as far as im concerned theres only one way for a business to do well online and thats with hard work..........w3c compliant, quality linking, quality keywords and phrases, meta tags etc etc etc..........and that can take months to years

without it a website will rarely rank well..........pointless having a badly designed website, it just wont create traffic and chances are googlebots will bypass it without good content....

your idea is ok just for a point of presence only, thats about it.

Interesting - you list the following as being recent clients:

Apple, Yahoo and Microsoft

Yet you don't have links to the sites. I'd like to see what type of work you did with these clients...

g

We are in the final stages of the design, so those logos are just the place holders for now, they will be removed with the official launch - we have not worked with those businesses.

csc, we are very focused on seo and internet marketing and we have other businesses that focus on that aspect, this business does not directly aim to that market.

Our target market is small business owners that dont yet have a website, just want something that they can point their customers to and tell potential customers what they are about, and can do it themselves.

hi
couple of things
first investor that I have met don't have websites
why we invest we don't buy
I don't have a website this is not to be harsh for me its a fact.
I don't have a site because I don't sell
might be a small point but helpfull I hope.
next
and this is just to help out
if you start out you need a plan not sure of your plan but here a few thing to add in and take very good note of them
1 cash flow
over 95% of new business close within 12 month because of cash flow more close for not not having clients but spend more then comes thru the door
2 debtors
again paying debtor before creditors have paid this alone can kill a business
we have two ears and one mouth use it in those proportion and listen to your clients they will tell you want they want not what you want
watch and keep the gst and works comp in place at all time and pay on time
these two goup are the reaper of the business world you need a dead lamb to keep these guys away they will kill you if they can
5 do a plan
a 1 2 5 10 year plan and do it as detailed as possible
this is you work sheet and try to keep to it
this is just advice to help you along as some day you may well wish to join one of my groups
sorry to say that websites are not my area as I use them to gain info but have no use one for my businesses
any spelling mistake you will need to correct
and I allow plaigerism if thats the right word( copying old school)

Hey Grossreal,

Thanks for the feedback, I'm not trying to sell the sites to investors, as I said in a previous post we are selling to small businesses, one man show type operations. I agree investors don't necessarily need a website unless they are selling their own properties, or developments, or managing properties, then maybe there is a need.

Cheers for the tips, we have all those things covered - agree, cash flow is king and the life blood of any business - our business model dictates this and is a major focus for us.

Debtors aren't a huge part of our business, we do have small overheads but we don't hold stock nor rely heavily on external services, so we don't envisage at this stage of the business this to be an issue.. but we will keep an eye on it.

Agree on listening to clients, in fact this is the major reason for launching this product, we had clients who needed something they could design and manage themselves, easily and quickly.. we have delivered on that. I beleive its also important to listen to people who arent clients, like you guys! hence the reason for this post.

Prior to starting the business we have made projections and how we intend to meet them, as well as put together an end goal and a plan for reaching it.

So we think we are in reasonable stead to make this venture fruitful..

Feedback is great guys, keep it coming!

csc, we are very focused on seo and internet marketing and we have other businesses that focus on that aspect, this business does not directly aim to that market.

care to list say 4-5 websites that you have completed inc ethical seo, backlinking etc etc so i can check rankings of difficult keywords you have targeted?

.com sites, not .com.au sites...way more difficult with .com domains and high traffic keywords and phrases...

i am interested if your work is good...proofs in the pudding!

show me the money

thanks

Yep I agree, it is very hard to get to the front page of Google and it takes constant work, not just set/forget! The right keywords are key, there is no point getting #1 in Google for keywords that no one searches.

This business like I said isn't focused on SEO as a primary product, we will certainly give hints, tips and advice to clients on good practice to ranking well.

We have had good results for a few of our sites for reasonable keywords, csc I will PM'd you with some of our sites and their results.

I would prefer though this thread doesn't go OT into an SEO discussion, maybe we can start another for that!

Does anyone have any advice in terms of offline marketing for this, and how we could approach small businesses?

There's a lot of free sites out there now that provide this service like weebly. My feel is that the basic template style of web design is too restrictive. Business are always going to want some custom functionality that does not come out of the box.

The other consideration is that you can get a simple template style website done by a web designer for less than $1000, and at this price it may just be worth getting it done by a professional so you can concentrate on what you do best.

Having said that I think the ideas got potential as there may be partnerships out there (husband + wife) where one partner may have the time and interest to build the business website, but it will have to remain very cheap because there are web designers who build sites with a similar template style who can build sites very quickly and cheaply.

The other thing I would say is that alot of businesses may just start with an online presence but have a view to building on their site, say adding more dynamic features or even online shopping, anything that involves a bit of scripting or programming and they have to go to a professional and start again.

Anyway, good luck!

Had a quick look at the site, looks ok.

I've used a similar site (Webcity) to set up a basic website for my business using a template - very amaturish, but don't really care as it's not really important for the business I'm in. (in fact to be honest it looks like crap, but can't be bothered going through the hassle of creating a new template from scratch and having to retype all the info and pics again from scratch as it clears all your history and files when you redo it)

Am not overly impressed with their templates and some of the functionality. Have signed up to yours for the free trial but still awaiting access info.

Here's some hopefully constructive feed back for you:

One thing that does strike me is your cost. Webcity charged me no start up fee, and the ongoing monthly hosting fee (paid yearly in advance) varies from $6.95pm to $19.95pm (I think from memory I opted for the $9.95pm). Being new to all this and not overly caring too much about it for my specific business - which looks to be your target market, if the website was ciritcal to the business, people would have it done more professionally - I wouldn't choose a site that charges me $250 in advance before I get to use the product when the site 2 clicks away doesn't have that charge and the templates look pretty similar.

Also have my corporate website hosted through Webcity and just threw up a splash page so there was something there as I only wanted it for the domain and email address (it's a pet peeve of mine when people's email domains have nothing there), but these template providers don't really allow you to do that. I ended up picking a template, deleting all the html code on the page to start from scratch and chucking my logo and a few words on there but still being able to then have the contact form (went insane a few yrs back trying to make my own contact form!).

Hey Steve,

Excellent feedback, and I hope you enjoy the trial - I know you will... the information should be with you as soon as you confirm your email (check your junk folders if you havent received it yet)

Ours differs from webcity in that you dont need to re enter in all the information each time you change a design, you can change it daily if you like and the content changes with it. We also beleive our templates are a heck of a lot nicer and we have more of them, you can upload your own banners, images, and logos. We alse beleive our sitebuilder product is much easier to use and more comprehensive!

In Regards to the pricing, we have looked at our direct competitors - those that are based in Australia and have a similar target market, and we beleive our pricing is very competitive. All our servers are hosted in Australia which means access times are much faster, and clients will rank well locally in search engines. We beleive our product is a premium product and is much better than our competitors, we spent a lot of time researching and invstigating the right solution for businesses so its not your typical site builder product.

Sounsds good Exstatic, wish you the best with it.

As for the trial - no, never received anything after I confirmed my email address, junk folder or otherwise...?

Had a few complaints about the trial not sending the details, so we have now fixed it - If you tried to sign up for the free trial and didnt get the details give it a go now and it would work fine.

Sorry about that, teething problems of a start up!

Back