New Colorbond Fence

Good Afternoon

Im on the Gold Coast and we bought acreage property which has a shabby old fence that needs replacing. The one there is pointless & we need to keep the dogs in + want something a little more aesthetically pleasing.

I like the colorbond fences so was after peoples opinions/experiences as to where to buy materials from & how hard they found it to build their fence??.

We want it to be the tallest possible, as their is a new road down the back of the property we dont want to see + some little sh*ts jumped the current pointless fence & spraypainted the shed at the back just after we bought it :mad:.

Anyone have a tall Colorbond fence & do you need approval from council to go above a certain height. I think it is available in 2100mm high.

Hi Brett,

so you bought acres and want to shut yourself in with a 7ft high fence that you can't see thru..???

I'm struggling to see the point really... :confused:

But anyway, yes you can get 2100 high c/bond fencing and it's dead easy to erect....if you know how that is...
If you have never attempted it I'd be getting a quote to supply and install mate. Looks easy but, from experience I can confirm that, there is a knack in getting it to look nice.

Depends on whether you have a level or sloping fencline and if you want it to be stepped or sloped with the lay of the land....

Hi Brett,
so you bought acres and want to shut yourself in with a 7ft high fence that you can't see thru..???

I'm struggling to see the point really... :confused:QUOTE]

Thanks

The old man is very on to it with handyman stuff so we will definitely give it a go. The ground is dead flat.

Yeah the trouble is it isnt acreage amongst nice bushland, well it was, but the council have gone and build a road right behind it with an 80klm speed limit. So its more so about privacy for us. If we can see through, then everyone can see through from the outside as well.

It already has colorbond down both sides, just not at the back. The front is nice and open though.

Hi,

I see you live in Qld, if it is flat then you would need to consider the strong winds you get.

A 2.1 colorbond will catch a LOT of wind, suggest very deep posts and lots of concrete around the bases :)

Back