New Home - Celebrating

Well after lots of hiccups and hassles we are finally exchanging on this property today. The bank decided we had too much debt and reduced some of our LVRs, but we managed to work our way through it, and I've just done the final inspection.

It will exchange in the next hour or so, and renovations start this weekend!

Congratulations, I hope the the LVR reductions didnt take out too much blood..........

ta
rolf

I was at the auction for that place last year - passed in for 600-700K IIRC. I had apricot nightmares for weeks afterwards. :eek: I can see why you want to spend so much on renos. Congrats on the deal!

Well after lots of hiccups and hassles we are finally exchanging on this property today. The bank decided we had too much debt and reduced some of our LVRs, but we managed to work our way through it, and I've just done the final inspection.

It will exchange in the next hour or so, and renovations start this weekend!
Congratulations! A lot of people can't see the value beyond colour schemes and decorations or aren't interested in the effort to change them! Apricot colours?

UPDATE:

Well, the property has now settled, and renovations are well underway. As usual, we've found a few things that were unexpected, but at this stage it seems that the builder will be done in about 3 weeks, and under budget at that!

Getting rid of all the terrible colours has helped, and the new bathrooms are almost finished. We are making some other changes internally (including changing some walls), and have our new colour scheme picked out. Can't wait for it to be done.

In other news, my wife is pregnant, so one of the rooms will be a nursery.

:):):)

UPDATE:

Well, the property has now settled, and renovations are well underway. As usual, we've found a few things that were unexpected, but at this stage it seems that the builder will be done in about 3 weeks, and under budget at that!

Getting rid of all the terrible colours has helped, and the new bathrooms are almost finished. We are making some other changes internally (including changing some walls), and have our new colour scheme picked out. Can't wait for it to be done.

In other news, my wife is pregnant, so one of the rooms will be a nursery.

:):):)

Congratulations, VY and I wish you and your wife all the best as you prepare for the arrival of the new baby and settle into your new home.

Regards Jason.

UPDATE...

Well, this afternoon we take possession of our fully renovated home. We will be moving in tomorrow. Gone are the colours, the tiles, the chandeliers, the curtains, the bar in the loungeroom. We have completely replaced all the bathrooms and remodelled the kitchen. The only surface in the entire house that hasn't been changed is the kitchen benchtop. The lights have been completely replaced, and new fences and gates put up. The new fireplace is in and approved, and all structural changes approved also. We have repainted and recarpeted, and replaced all tiles.

It looks like a completely different (and brand new) home inside.

Once we're in, the next step will be to start working on the gardens to get them into shape for next spring and summer.

It's going to be a very busy weekend, but I'm excited that it's come around at last.

UPDATE

Well, now moved in and unpacking. We still have tradies finishing off a couple of small things, but we're extremely happy with the result. Once we get the un packing done we'll need to start on the gardens.

Back