New Investor - 2nd IP !

G'Day everybody. Have been reading the forum for several months now without posting. It's a great site and I am learning plenty. Would just like to share with you guys, as new investors, what we have purchased in the last 10 months. We live on Central Coast . Our first purchase last October was a Renovated 3 Br house on 700 M2, Garage and double carport. Also on the block is a very good 2 Br Relocatable home with all inclusions ( B/Ins, Laundry) and all council approved and certified. Purchased for $ 350K (plus costs) and rents for $ 450 per week .

The second purchase which is going through now is a renovated 3 Br home with an attached Renovated 1 Br Flat and is in a very desirable area of our suburb on waterfront reserve ( Water views if 2nd storey added) This will rent for 430/440 per week and purchased for $ 435K (plus costs). There are also 3 garages (alarmed) on this plot which we plan to let to local company as storage. (current owner has done this) Total rent return could be in region of $550 per week.

We have been here just 3 yrs and couldn't have done this in good old blighty (UK). We will be Australian Citizens next Australia Day

Thanks to all for all the advice given on this great site

Barry

Hi there,

Well done. I like how both properties, though renovated, offer avenues to achieve a higher yield - ie. with the relocatable home and 1 br flat at the back, and renting out the garages as storage space!

GSJ

Hi Barry, welcome to the forum from a fellow newbie - I also posted here for the first time today, and I'm also from your part of the world, well, close anyway, Ireland :D Been in Australia since 2000. Will get citizenship this year.

No IPs yet, but planning to very soon! Details in my other thread (on Trusts) in the General section.

Cheers!

Shadow.

Back