New Investor Help Needed

I have a friend who has made a number of property investments, all pre the latest boom. He strongly recommends to have a property that is positively geared, the problem is that in todays propery environment we are struggling to find a positively geared property when calculating on 10% interest rate. t
The current property we are looking at is on the market for $329,000 with a weekly rental income of $335.00 with a possible small improvement, we are wanting to put this into my partners name who earns well over the marginal tax rate.
What do you think ??:rolleyes:

I have a friend who has made a number of property investments, all pre the latest boom. He strongly recommends to have a property that is positively geared, the problem is that in todays propery environment we are struggling to find a positively geared property when calculating on 10% interest rate. t
The current property we are looking at is on the market for $329,000 with a weekly rental income of $335.00 with a possible small improvement, we are wanting to put this into my partners name who earns well over the marginal tax rate.
What do you think ??:rolleyes:

Hi Mark,
Depends what you think the market in that area is going to do?
If it's next to the sea, then it should do well (I am assuming Sydney or Woolongong or a major city). If it's in a block of units amongst thousands of others, then your guess is as good as any.
At that return, you will be quite a bit out of pocket each week, so as I said, if it has other reasons to be a good investment, then go for it.

JB

Back