new kitchen and $$$$$ add

Whats the general thought on weather a new kitchen adds good dollars to the end sale price of a property?
I have a nice townhouse in a top location and the kitchen is dated and drab. Its going to cost 15k to redo the kitchen. Its a very small kitchen but an important part of the main living area design.
Does a nice kitchen still sell property?
cheers
yadreamin

Whats the general thought on weather a new kitchen adds good dollars to the end sale price of a property?
I have a nice townhouse in a top location and the kitchen is dated and drab. Its going to cost 15k to redo the kitchen. Its a very small kitchen but an important part of the main living area design.
Does a nice kitchen still sell property?
cheers
yadreamin

if the kitchen is as you say drab and outdated then maybe a make over can give you the desired effect ,but $15,000 is a lot of money ,so perhaps send me plan of what you are proposing and i will run it through my store for you to arrive at a price delivered to you

Don't overcapitalise. $15000 is more then we are spending on our kitchen in the new IP ($12500 installed) which is a reasonable sized kitchen - although ours is just laminate benches not stone or anything, and doesn't include appliances (just the rangehood).

Is it possible to update without completely redoing? Maybe ask a sles agent to take a look and ask whether they think it is worth adding a new kitchen or not.

Depends if your likely buyers are investors or OO.

Personally, looking for another PPOR, I would prefer to pay less for a dump of a kitchen and do it myself. I hate what people do in the name of kitchen reno's and if I'm paying for a reno that is ridiculous (pretty typical) I'll move on to the next property.

If another investor is your likely buyer then it doesn't really matter so much.

To Be honest l thought the 15 k was a bit much too and that does include plumber, tiler ,sparky an new range hood and sink and hot plates. still lota money for such a very small space. I will look at other prices. I just dont think its worth the large dollars.

if the kitchen is as you say drab and outdated then maybe a make over can give you the desired effect ,but $15,000 is a lot of money ,so perhaps send me plan of what you are proposing and i will run it through my store for you to arrive at a price delivered to you

l will do that arms some time in the next week.
Thankyou

Haha, it's great fun!

It's surprisingly easy. The instructions they provide are easy to follow. If my wife and I could do it, anyone could!

Tiling is pretty straight forward also - you can pick up handy tips online.

To Be honest l thought the 15 k was a bit much too and that does include plumber, tiler ,sparky an new range hood and sink and hot plates. still lota money for such a very small space. I will look at other prices. I just dont think its worth the large dollars.

still seems a lot - we spend similar on our 4x4m kitchen but that included all new appliances (over, cooktop, dishwasher, rangehood), sink, twopak drawers (flatpack) throughout and stone benchtops.

flatpack are so easy to put tother and install for such a large savings.

I have heard, as a ballpark figure to get under about 7% of purchase price for a kitchen.

I am going through it at the moment, and am looking at budgeting about 4% for the complete kitchen (brand new).

It looks feasable, but will be able to see after actuals are carried out.

You could opt for an update (new handles, laminate paint, splashback, paint, etc) or go the whole hog. Depends on age and condition of current kitchen.

Good luck

Cheers

F

Kitchens definately add value to the home, and if done right, can even leave a lasting impression on prospective buyers as a high point. And it does not take much to get them looking good.
A % of property value doesn't always work, otherwise I'd be spending anything up to $50k on the kitchen for some of the properties we work on. You should expect cabinets and doors to be between $1,200 and $4,000, benchtops are really variable, but ceasarstone can be $300-$450pm, appliances should match the house, with a basic set up being about $1,100 (inc dishwasher) up to whatever the demographics allow. The last kitchen we put had ceasarstone, two pack paint, smeg and ilve appliances, was L shaped at 2x4m with porcelain splashbacks and all up cost just under $7k inc plumber, but not including the sparky.
Takes more work to get it cheaper, but it really is worth it.

Kitchens definately add value to the home, and if done right, can even leave a lasting impression on prospective buyers as a high point. And it does not take much to get them looking good.
A % of property value doesn't always work, otherwise I'd be spending anything up to $50k on the kitchen for some of the properties we work on. You should expect cabinets and doors to be between $1,200 and $4,000, benchtops are really variable, but ceasarstone can be $300-$450pm, appliances should match the house, with a basic set up being about $1,100 (inc dishwasher) up to whatever the demographics allow. The last kitchen we put had ceasarstone, two pack paint, smeg and ilve appliances, was L shaped at 2x4m with porcelain splashbacks and all up cost just under $7k inc plumber, but not including the sparky.
Takes more work to get it cheaper, but it really is worth it.

sorry but your numbers dont add up ,please explain further as to you assumptions of pricing

Back