New loan charging less interest upfront

localinvestor said:
hey there, went to Bills seminar on sunday and thought it was good but a little bit of a sales pitch!! As i am new to investing i went along with the impression that they would reveal 'best suburbs in melb to invest in' but all we got was a sales pitch (good info but left wanting)!! buy REIV updates, buy books, buy mentoships......today only save thousands$$$$$$$!
Everybody is selling. So remain suspicious- but keep yourself open at the same time.

Investors Direct are selling, Metropole are selling. Many contributors to this forum have something to sell, and they have done well for themselves.

We appreciate people who contribute knowledge to the forum. We appreciate people who take the time to answer questions (at least once in a while). And we certainly appreciate contributions from people who know what they are talking about.

But come to a meeting.

geoffw said:
Everybody is selling. So remain suspicious- but keep yourself open at the same time.

Some excellent advice there. For what it's worth, I've been to many investorsdirect seminars over the years and I have found them to really focus on education and delivering content. I've learned lots of great knowledge and concepts from Bill. I'd never really heard of them try to do the hard sell on their mortgage broker services, although I think lately they have been 'pushing' a little more with the mentoring.

I have no problem with someone selling their services, just as long as it's done so in a ethical way. If there was any hard selling in those seminars I wouldn't keep attending them.

BTW I use a different mortgage broker.

cash flow mortgage

I noticed that Investors Direct now have a seperate site up and running which gives a bit more information and an example of this product;so thought this may be a good time to *bump* this thread.

Cash Flow Mortgage

I had a look at the example shown on that web site, from what I have read I don't find it at all attractive. If you look at the actual cost of the money to be borrowed, it seems to be about 8.5%, with part capitalised, I didn't look into break costs etc. so this might be an underestimate. Personally, I wouldn't pay a 1.5% premium for a little financial engineering which, in many cases, could probably be done better using regular loan products. Having said that Bill has created a product that is relatively simple and will improve cashflow over the short term, which I'm sure a lot of people will find it attractive. I do commend him for spending the time and effort to create a new product and wish him every success.

Regards
Alistair

I had a look at the example shown on that web site, from what I have read I don't find it at all attractive.

If you look at the actual cost of the money to be borrowed, it seems to be about 8.5%, with part capitalised, I didn't look into break costs etc. so this might be an underestimate.

Personally, I wouldn't pay a 1.5% premium for a little financial engineering which, in many cases, could probably be done better using regular loan products. Having said that Bill has created a product that is relatively simple and will improve cashflow over the short term, which I'm sure a lot of people will find it attractive. I do commend him for spending the time and effort to create a new product and wish him every success.

Regards
Alistair

I'm intrigued about this comment Alistair, can you expand on that (in laymans terms) if possible?

I'm intrigued about this comment Alistair, can you expand on that (in laymans terms) if possible?

Hi Redwing,

This loan is basically a packaged living off equity strategy, there has been lots posted on this subject.

Regards
Alistair

Basically just revalue and increase your loan amount as often as you can (usually once per year or two). Use these funds to cover the yearly shortfall.

Obviously this strategy relies on property growth. It's also why the InvestorsDirect product is restricted based on postcode.

I went to Bill's seminar y'day to listen to this first hand. Of real interest to me is the tax opinion which they have obtained from Allens. Not by all means gospel but shows to me that ATO is very much on top of this capitalising interest stuff. Allens wouldn't provide a favourable opinion without first checking with their inside sources at the ATO with the structure.

Agree that Corsa's post back in June will replicate the same if you have existing equity which you can draw LOC from. 7.95% is a little steep considering yuo can probably find 90-100bps cheaper through LOC products.

I can see it would be a better product if their lender are laxer (if theres such a word) on the credit requirements. LOCs & LOE sounds like an easy vehicle for wealth creation but if you're already heavily -'ve geared on existing IP, you'd have to pay premium for a low or no-doc LOC. BTW, does anyone know who the lender is on this product? From what I heard, theres a full doc and low doc version so am assuming 7.95% 5years fixed is full doc?

Interested to hear from anyone who has taken one out.

I went to Bill's seminar y'day to listen to this first hand. Of real interest to me is the tax opinion which they have obtained from Allens. Not by all means gospel but shows to me that ATO is very much on top of this capitalising interest stuff. Allens wouldn't provide a favourable opinion without first checking with their inside sources at the ATO with the structure.

Agree that Corsa's post back in June will replicate the same if you have existing equity which you can draw LOC from. 7.95% is a little steep considering yuo can probably find 90-100bps cheaper through LOC products.

I can see it would be a better product if their lender are laxer (if theres such a word) on the credit requirements. LOCs & LOE sounds like an easy vehicle for wealth creation but if you're already heavily -'ve geared on existing IP, you'd have to pay premium for a low or no-doc LOC. BTW, does anyone know who the lender is on this product? From what I heard, theres a full doc and low doc version so am assuming 7.95% 5years fixed is full doc?

Interested to hear from anyone who has taken one out.

I believe the rate was 7.95% before the last rate rise, and that the lender is the Bank of Scotland.

-- MJ.

Thanks mate. Wholesale rates on the long end have rallied over 25bps in last 2 weeks but I hardly ever see these get passes on immediately unlike cash rates. So you have to assume its got to be the full doc rate seeing some 5 year rates on the Big 4 are around the 7.5% mark.

Hiya

Just in passing, it looks like this product sourced from the same funders is now available to main stream brokers and originators.

Ta
rolf

Thats funny, I thought Investors Direct were marketing it as a trademarked type of concept?

So RL can you gives us the low down on the exact details on the loan?

T.

Hiya

Only playing around the edges, but there appears to be a residential and commercial version

Borrower Type
All borrower types considered - Individuals, Companies andTrusts
Interest Capitalisation Schedule(6)
Year 1 - 4.25%, Year 2 - 3.0%, Year 3 - 2.0%, Year 4 - 1.0%Based on an initial LVR of 80% + Fees
Term
30 Years - Initially 5 years Interest Only
Rate Reduction
0.5% p.a. after 4 years, subject to satisfactory conduct
Rollover
After 2 yrs the Borrower may request a loan Rollover and restartthe interest capitalisation(6)
Locations
All metro areas and major regional centres considered
Fixed Interest Rate
1,3,5 years available on request
Variable Borrower Rate(3)
7.95% p.a. (available till 30 Nov 06)
Application Fee
$550
Interest Paid (1),(2),(7)
(%)
Interest (1), (2)
Capitalised (%)
LVR (Based on
initial value) +
Fees (%) *
At Start
N/A
N/A
80.00%
End of First Year
3.70%
4.25%
83.20%
End of Second Year
4.95%
3.00%
85.80%
End of Third Year
5.95%
2.00%
87.50%
End of Fourth Year
6.95%
1.00%
88.40%
End of Fifth Year
7.45%
0.00%
88.40%
*LVRs generated excluding fees
EXAMPLE OF STANDARD PRODUCTStandard Capitalisation
4.25%, 3%, 2%, 1%
Initial LVR / Expected Final at end of 4yrs
80% (Initial) / 88.4% (Final) + Fees (2)
Borrower Rate (available till 30 Nov 06)
7.95% p.a.
Reduction in rates (after 4 years)
0.50% p.a.
(assumes BBSY 6.15% p.a.)

REQUIRED BORROWER INFORMATION
Income:
Serviceability is to be demonstrated and evidenced by the following:
Companies/Trusts/Partnerships: Evidence of income, lodged company accountsand/or tax assessments are required for at least 2 years.
o
Individuals/Self Employed: Signed income tax assessments/returns with allschedules for the last 2 years. Individuals to provide confirmation of income fromemployer plus sighting of last two pay slips.
o Where tax returns are two years old, management accounts and businessactivity
statements must be provided and certified by the borrower's accountant.
CRAA:
For all loans clear or a satisfactory explanation provided to Lender

1 Additions to Borrower's Rate.2 Fees can be added to the loan up to a maximum of 2% of the property values. Fees allowed to be
capitalised are establishment fee, legal fees, valuation costs and title insurance.
3 Securities outside the centres mentioned above add 0.35% to the Borrower Rate.4 DEF is applied if more than 50% of loan amount is paid in within any year during the first 5 years. The
DEF is calculated on the total loan max LVR amount.
5 At the Lender's complete discretion (subject to revaluation and servicing assessment).6 Rollovers may occur only once over the life of the loan.
7 Rates noted are variable. Under this product a fixed amount is capitalised over a knownschedule.
Should the underlying variable interest rate change then the amount of interest paid under this productwill vary accordingly.
8 Legal fees may increase with increased complexity of deal.
Other Fees
Application Fee
Nil
Commitment Fee
(to cover expected valuation cost)
$375 for loans up to $750,000.$500 for loans up to $1.25m.
Rollover Fees(5),(6)
New valuation costs + 0.50%
Legal (payable at Settlement)(8) (2)
$500 + disbursements
Title Insurance (payable at Settlement) (2)
0.05%
Completion Fee (payable at Settlement) (2)
$500
Deferred Establishment Fees (DEF)(4)
3.5% - 1 Year, 2.5% - 2 Year, 2.0% - 3 Year,1.0% - 4 Year.
Risk Fee (2)
0.90% payable on settlement
Redraw Facility
Min $500, 2 free per month
Page 2 of 2
METRO AREAS
Include: All metro and major regional centres such as Wollongong, Newcastle, Central Coast, Cairns,Townsville, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Albury/Wodonga, and Geelong.

I believe with the Cashflow Mortgage there is a 'risk fee' of 1.5% and an establishment fee of 3.5%?

It seems to be a great loan in an area of rising Capital Growth, however, has anyone played around with different scenarios regarding the Loan?

To me it seems interesting but you are also eating into your equity, how does that affect you when applying for additional loans and moving forward from there and can you get the loan through a DT or HDT structure?

It's all a bit confusing for me.....not sure if its Great or just OK?

There is a comment about it in this months (November) API magazine, without specifically mentioning the product name.

Turn to page 78 - title: "Don't become a casualty" and read "New Financial Product" by Rob Balanda.

-- MJ.

Back