New PPOR?

Just put in an offer on a new PPOR. It's a nice home, quite large, not far from where we live now. I've offered $150k under asking price, be interesting to see if it gets a bite.

Fingers crossed.

$15K0K off a $2.5M asking price is not that much of an ask, but $150K off something under $1M could be a good buy, depending on what its worth.

How much is the asking price, and how much do you think it is worth?

And good luck!!

I won't post up the details until the deal is either dead or done, in case unwanted eyes are watching. It's between $1-2M.

I've offered just below what I'm prepared to pay. I don't think it's worth asking price.

Same as you maybe just slightly different price point though.

Been digging around for a while went to quite a few opens, auctions, have made offers which whilst low were probably about market the vendors are not moving very quick to meet the market. Does that make sense?

They need more conditioning.

Been digging around for a while went to quite a few opens, auctions, have made offers which whilst low were probably about market the vendors are not moving very quick to meet the market. Does that make sense?

I figure I won't offer more than I'm prepared to pay, and if that means the property stays on market, so be it. The place I'm looking at hasn't had much interest for the several months it's been on the market. I'm testing the water, I guess.

It makes sense, I've been seeing quite a bit of it. Vendors who seem happy to sit on their asking price for a while. Some of the best bargains are coming from vendors who have committed elsewhere and need to get a wiggle on with their sale.

Cheers

Jamie

Well, still haven't heard. Had another look at the open home on the weekend (no-one else showed up), so I'm guessing there's no other offer on the table.

Wait and see, I guess.

Well, still haven't heard. Had another look at the open home on the weekend (no-one else showed up), so I'm guessing there's no other offer on the table.

Wait and see, I guess.

Why don't you put a deadline on your offer, why give the RE agent and the vendors time to fish for other offers from other potential buyers.

If they don't accept your offer by deadline, it gives you an opportunity to put in another offer after some time which is even lower than the previous one.

Cheers,
Oracle.

Why don't you put a deadline on your offer, why give the RE agent and the vendors time to fish for other offers from other potential buyers.

If they don't accept your offer by deadline, it gives you an opportunity to put in another offer after some time which is even lower than the previous one.

Cheers,
Oracle.

I thinking about doing this tomorrow. The guy said he'd call today, and so far he hasn't. I'm thinking about calling tomorrow and giving him a couple of days to get agreement or rejection.

I thinking about doing this tomorrow. The guy said he'd call today, and so far he hasn't. I'm thinking about calling tomorrow and giving him a couple of days to get agreement or rejection.
It's a good idea. Mentally, they might have been wanting to have this wrapped up by xmas....pardon the pun.

Cheers

Jamie

Deal is dead. I upped my offer, but was still well short of what they want. Will they get what they want? Time will tell. My guess is not in the short term.

Back