New Realestate.com.au Search Layout

What do you think of the new RE search results?

• Love It

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Hate It

Votes: 22 88.0%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
Being a serial investor I use RE.com.au a lot, but imo the changes to their search results is terrible. There's no pattern anymore but just an influx of different sized listings, pictures and colours. I've had a talk to a couple of agents lately who have both said they hate the new design and how much more difficult it makes their work on there. I would be curious to see what other people here thought of the new look. If you do think it is as bad as I do, I would also encourage you to let them know via email or facebook.

also i miss the area based search they used to have. Previously you could choose an area on the map and search on just parts of the state.

Pictures are way to big. First time i was using it i spent most time trying to work out what i did to it. Its like on Ebay where you can change sizes but there they give you an option for small listings.

Being a serial investor I use RE.com.au a lot, but imo the changes to their search results is terrible. There's no pattern anymore but just an influx of different sized listings, pictures and colours. I've had a talk to a couple of agents lately who have both said they hate the new design and how much more difficult it makes their work on there. I would be curious to see what other people here thought of the new look. If you do think it is as bad as I do, I would also encourage you to let them know via email or facebook.

For a freebie I prefer Suburbview search engine. It imports listings from over 1000 Australian property engine web sites and is far superior in features.

For a paid search engine, Pricefinder.

Enjoy.

Don't like the new format on a desktop, but prefer it on mobile & tablet which is probably where most people are searching from now anyway.

The new layout frustrates the hell out of me when searching. It doesn't display any headings, in most cases half of the address is cut off. All you get is a picture, a price and half the address, its horrible and wastes so much time by having to click into the listing for further information.

I think the decision makers at realestate.com.au have forgotten what marketing is about. A headline that's supposed to be used to convey a message to a potential buyer isn't even displayed.

also i miss the area based search they used to have. Previously you could choose an area on the map and search on just parts of the state.

If you have a look at Domain, they have a map search area function which I use for this instead of re.com.au

If you have a look at Domain, they have a map search area function which I use for this instead of re.com.au

Yep. suburbview does the same and you can also break the map down into interactive colour coded dwelling types.

Last edited:
Yep l can't stand the damn thing.
It was at it's best back 4 or 5yrs ago in it's simplicity, l could do the best searches back then , just set it and wam , of she went. Clear as too.
But it's just gotten worse and worse and worse and lately l'm looking again right now for something actually and l can't stand the damn thing .
lt does the crapiest searches and overload with clutter and ads and pop ups allover the place.
1/2 the time it's unreadable .
l dunno , sign of the times , update ,update, update and you can bet when a good website starts fuddling , they just eventually completely stuff it right up , every time.
l think when you run a web site , there's just nothing else to do but keep damn fiddling , even when it doesn't need it.

Same things happened to so many sites and now the newspaper sites are the same to and just a damn night mare to try and use .
l've been using Domain a lot lately and it's been really nice . They haven't messed with it too much and it's very clear and uncluttered to use too. Does great searches too .

l think when you run a web site , there's just nothing else to do but keep damn fiddling , even when it doesn't need it.

Of course they do....it's their livelihood that keeps them employed, pays the bills and puts food on their family tables.

They look for things to keep playing with, otherwise its unemployment & struggle street.

The new layout frustrates the hell out of me when searching. It doesn't display any headings, in most cases half of the address is cut off. All you get is a picture, a price and half the address, its horrible and wastes so much time by having to click into the listing for further information.

I think the decision makers at realestate.com.au have forgotten what marketing is about. A headline that's supposed to be used to convey a message to a potential buyer isn't even displayed.

Yep l found the exact same thing. It's just insane to use.
l thought it must've been my computer, l get all that too , exactly . But there ya go , update fiddle, update fiddle , clutter ., adds , overlapping.
They have completely stuffed it.
What they should do is find their old site from back in it's early days , click set , lock the damn door and never touch it again.

l hope Domain takes over , because RE.com is completely stuffed.

I use desktops mostly, and am looking at r/.e.com right now...I don't mind it at all.

We use it on the Ipad at home as well; not too bad.

As others have said though; don't fix something if it aint broke.

RE.com was almost the only search engine I used.

This week was really the first time I ventured out for others.

Drives me nuts that you put in parameters - and it cant/doesn't adhere to them. Put in "max price" of $500k and you get properties showing at $750.

The map function also cant handle as many parameters.

Hate that you go and look at the detail of a property and click "back to search results" and it takes you right back to the start of your search... not the previous page you were looking at.

Too many dislikes for it to be useful/functional. Seeking alternatives.

Blacky

I have a saved search with multiple suburbs in it.
Now when the list comes up it is very hard to see where each property is.
Like each property has a different header and colour so hard to follow quickly.

Back