New Split System?

Hi all.

Been advised by my property manager about the wall air conditioner breaking down (surprised it lasted this long). Looking at putting in a new Split System Air Con to the room. I've had a look on the forums here and found a few tips and recommendations but some of the posts were from 2011, 2012, 2013, so just wanted to confirm. Are these brands still seen as the best for an Investment Property?
  • Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
  • Daikin
  • Kelvinator
Also, can anyone recommend a business to get them decently priced? I've gone to Harvey Norman, Appliances Online, 2nds World, The Good Guys, etc but all seem to be priced practically the same.

Any advice is appreciated :)

All mine over the years have been replaced with Daikin , you will pay more
but I have never had any issues , no warranty claims , my oldest is now 10 years.
Replaced one a few months back 7kw $2800 installed , could have had it cheaper
but only deal with a firm I have trust in , there is proper installation of air cons
and Installations.

The one that makes AC's :) not vehicles. ;)
But both companies make AC's 0_0

All mine over the years have been replaced with Daikin , you will pay more
but I have never had any issues , no warranty claims , my oldest is now 10 years.
Replaced one a few months back 7kw $2800 installed , could have had it cheaper
but only deal with a firm I have trust in , there is proper installation of air cons
and Installations.
Thanks for that. I was wondering about Daikin actually, heard they last longer. Are they reasonably quiet systems?

They both do,

http://www.mitsubishielectric.com.au/

https://mhiaa.com.au/index.php/products/wall-splits

We've had a better run from Mitsubishi Heavy Industry units.
My Mum just installed two Mitsubishi Heavy Industry units in her home and she says they're amazing but wasn't sure how long they'd last. Thanks for the feedback :)

In the last 18 months we have purchased 5 units in Queensland and 3 in Sydney. All have been Daikin units and have been purchased through the installer - but generally we have used our own electrician.

The installers purchase them very competitively and recommend the unit that is required. Can pass on the Sydney guy if you are interested.

Fujitsu have some cash back offers until the end of July 2015, which makes them very price competitive.

They always have "cash back" offers several times a year and they do that to suck in the unsuspecting consumer to their poor quality systems.

Just cross Fujitsu off your list of possible replacements and move on, it's just not worth the hassle.

Have 3 Fujitsu units about 7-8 years old and never had an issue with them, they are quiet and simple to use unlike some other brands with stupid symbols rather than words like 'cool' or 'heat' etc... I've worked in mining camps and seen the cheaper ones, some are truly dreadful and noisy and not user friendly. We just put another Fujitsu in an IP and the installer said he recommended Fujitsu or Mitsubishi for longevity and the lowest problems long term. Winter is when Fujitsu normally offers the cash back.

Just installed a Daikin 3.5 / 4 reverse cycle system for $1350.

Found him through Ebay and was a bit sus when I had to pay $1000 as deposit but was all good. they came out on the day and time promised and installed back to back. We had a separate electrician install cable. We were already rewiring the house with a whole new circuit board so wasn't a problem.

You would already have wiring for current unit so shouldn't need any wiring.

He's details are

Quan Chung
Direct Electrical Group Pty Ltd
M: +61 415 693 545Cheers

Why the dis against the Fujitsus? I'm keen to understand, since I just bought 16 of them.

I've personally not had issues with mine but someone heavily involved in the aircon industry for decades once told me of the "typical" japanese brands that was his least favourite. Also their parts/warranty system is meant to be pretty poor

I take it this is for a development? What are you building?

Why the dis against the Fujitsus? I'm keen to understand, since I just bought 16 of them.

Back pocket ................. $4K for a repair does that to you and reienforced by the lack of a response from the Company and local Dealer for a unit that was just over 5 years old (by a few weeks) that had a major melt down (2 x PCB's, 1 x Compressor, 1 x Fan Assy and Re-gasing) so not good for a system that cost +$10K to install.

Happy you bought 16 of them and as long as this was cost based decision rather than quality based proposition then only time will tell.

Back