New Stockland development in Banjup, Perth

Any news about second release?

Has anyone heard anything about second release?

I had a call from one of sotckland's representative in December and she asked me whether I am still keen for second release.

She said the release is going to be in end of Jan or early Feb.

I hope they have sorted out their **** online system for this release.

Farrukh, I received a call last Wednesday asking if I agreed to an un-conditional $10k deposit, have I organise finance and what size land I will be interested and I was told they will send me an email. I am still waiting for the email for more information.

I also received the email. Does any one know if we need to have a preapproval to purchase the land or only 10k deposit at this time will be fine. What happens if my finance falls through, will they just take the 10k deposit or come back to me more monies as they are asking for unconditional contract on land ?

Thanks

Regards.

I also received the email. Does any one know if we need to have a preapproval to purchase the land or only 10k deposit at this time will be fine. What happens if my finance falls through, will they just take the 10k deposit or come back to me more monies as they are asking for unconditional contract on land ?

Thanks

Regards.

Most of the time they would just take your deposit. Once in a blue moon the developer will take you for more if they end up having to sell it for significantly less than what you agreed to pay for it. Unlikely due to shortage of land but always a small possibility.

Some of the Calleya New release blocks are Subject to Bushfire Control and / or Subject to Quiet House Design.

Does anyone know how much additional cost to built a new house to comply to the Bushfire Control or Quiet House Design? I read somewhere the Bushfire Control BAL 12.5/19 might cost between $5k to $15k depending on builders. No idea on the additional cost for the quite house design.

Is BAL-12.5/19 sufficient for all the Calleya blocks of land or some block might be subject to BAL-29?

If the additional cost for Bushfire Control or Quiet House Design are too high, I don't see any point in purchasing those blocks.

Thanks

Regards.

I purchased in the first release. As the purchase is not subject to finance, there's no requirement for pre-approval.

That said - as it's not subject to finance i would definitely suggest making sure you can get finance.

Most of the time they would just take your deposit. Once in a blue moon the developer will take you for more if they end up having to sell it for significantly less than what you agreed to pay for it. Unlikely due to shortage of land but always a small possibility.

Spot on. However i was also advised that should Stockland resell the block for more than the purchase price, then you should get your deposit or part there of back.

Some of the Calleya New release blocks are Subject to Bushfire Control and / or Subject to Quiet House Design.

Does anyone know how much additional cost to built a new house to comply to the Bushfire Control or Quiet House Design? I read somewhere the Bushfire Control BAL 12.5/19 might cost between $5k to $15k depending on builders. No idea on the additional cost for the quite house design.

Is BAL-12.5/19 sufficient for all the Calleya blocks of land or some block might be subject to BAL-29?

If the additional cost for Bushfire Control or Quiet House Design are too high, I don't see any point in purchasing those blocks.

Your best off speaking directly to your builder of choice in regards to this as it will vary depending on who your building with. My builder has included a provisional sum of $15k - with the comment the current BAL rating system is in the process of being reviewed, and the likely outcome will mean more/increased requirements at higher cost. However in contrast - im aware of someone who is almost ready to sign with celebration homes who have given them a fixed $5k cost.

With regards to the quiet house design - it's been suggested between $15k - $25k. However as one of the builders mentioned to me in passing - a large portion of that cost is due to the requirement for mechanical ventilation - aka ducted aircon. Given alot of builders are including this as standard already, it could mean only a $5k - $10k increase in building costs.

In the new release there's only a small amount of blocks with these requirements on them. I would think the other blocks would be the better choice, but don't rule them out all together.

The demand at Calleya is quite high - so i expect prices will keep going up with future releases and you could end up paying those amounts anyway just for a standard block.

I purchased in the first release. As the purchase is not subject to finance, there's no requirement for pre-approval.

That said - as it's not subject to finance i would definitely suggest making sure you can get finance.

Hi Elemist,

Thanks for the reply. I am hoping of sorting out finance but since only 16 lots are available, chances are likely to be slim to get a block. By the way how did you pay for that 10k deposit ? Problem for me is I am not in Perth currently, working in a remote area up north and will only fly back on Friday evening. So if they ask for a bank draft, I would not have time to get into that. That all said is only when and if I can get an appointment with them. :)

Thanks

Hi Elemist,

Thanks for the reply. I am hoping of sorting out finance but since only 16 lots are available, chances are likely to be slim to get a block. By the way how did you pay for that 10k deposit ? Problem for me is I am not in Perth currently, working in a remote area up north and will only fly back on Friday evening. So if they ask for a bank draft, I would not have time to get into that. That all said is only when and if I can get an appointment with them. :)

Thanks

No probs.. i paid with Credit Card - be warned they charge a 1% fee which no one advised me of until i went to pay. Otherwise bank cheque or cash.

Know what you mean about the chances of getting a block.. i think i registered quite early on in the piece, which in theory means i would have recieved the invite email fairly early on.

I run my own mail system, and am on fibre internet. I was literally refreshing every second waiting for the email to arrive. As soon as it did i registered within about 10 seconds of it arriving. Given alot of people had errors and server load messages trying to register i thought i was in with a chance - even had a chuckle i might have been lucky number 1...

Ended up being the 41st person on the 39 lots. Was only due to people pulling out that i was able to make an offer, and even then it wasn't on one of my preferred blocks...

Thanks Elemist.
The extra cost for Bushfire Control or Quiet House Design might make my budget quite tight. Hidden costs make me worry. I will need to check with the bank how much extra they are willing to lend.

Yes I also belief investment in Calleya is good. We'll see what happens tomorrow night.

No probs.. i paid with Credit Card - be warned they charge a 1% fee which no one advised me of until i went to pay. Otherwise bank cheque or cash.

Know what you mean about the chances of getting a block.. i think i registered quite early on in the piece, which in theory means i would have recieved the invite email fairly early on.

I run my own mail system, and am on fibre internet. I was literally refreshing every second waiting for the email to arrive. As soon as it did i registered within about 10 seconds of it arriving. Given alot of people had errors and server load messages trying to register i thought i was in with a chance - even had a chuckle i might have been lucky number 1...

Ended up being the 41st person on the 39 lots. Was only due to people pulling out that i was able to make an offer, and even then it wasn't on one of my preferred blocks...

Thanks for the info. Do you know where exactly the land is from Armadale road. I just wanted to know how far will it be from a public road or station.

Thanks

2nd release not worth

So after asking for detailed plans of 2nd release to stockland, I have decided not to enter the ballot. The release is away from park, close to shops(more noise) , and most of the lots (north facing) have airport noise and bushfire issue. Prices hiked only by 10k and only 16 lots released to make competition harder. Pretty smart.

What is everyones thoughs on Wandi (Honeywood Estate) next to Aubin Grove.

Currently have a 3x2 H&L package on hold with Homebuyer centre for $391K.

Seems like a good option iwth rental expect at around $425p/w.

If it grows anything like our PPOR in Aubin Grove i will be happy.

Train station nearby (2016 at Gibbs Road) near new Woolworths (2015), next to freeway, nearby Aubin Grove Primary School.

What is everyones thoughs on Wandi (Honeywood Estate) next to Aubin Grove.

Currently have a 3x2 H&L package on hold with Homebuyer centre for $391K.

Seems like a good option iwth rental expect at around $425p/w.

If it grows anything like our PPOR in Aubin Grove i will be happy.

Train station nearby (2016 at Gibbs Road) near new Woolworths (2015), next to freeway, nearby Aubin Grove Primary School.

I did not receive the call. So I am out.

Back