New Stove for Tenants to Replace Faulty Stove

Not a bad idea to get the 5 year warranty but I think most stoves should last for 6 - 7 years at least

I see no point in getting extended warranty for a simple applicance

The extended warranty will probably exclude elements and things which wear out such as fan blades and could also have clauses in there which could prevent you from making a claim

I came across this thread because I was doing some internet research on the problems that I'm having with the oven/stove in the new rental house that I've moved into.

Our stove top has the same sort of problems as mentioned in this thread - we cant control the temperature on any of the stove top elements or the grill. The temperature of these elements and grill is either on very hot, or they are turned off completely, and there is almost no temperature variation inbetween - no matter what you've got the dials turned to.

And after reading this thread, I checked to see exactly what sort of brand of our oven is .... and yep - you guessed it - its a Westinghouse Freestyle 143. :rolleyes:

If this is quite a well-known design/manufacturing fault, I dont understand why Westinghouse haven't made some sort of announcement or product recall of this brand of oven ... or offered to replace or fix those ovens that have this particular problem.

Why should customers have to be responsible for the expense involved in fixing these ovens or replacing them, if this is some sort of equipment fault with a particular Westinghouse oven?

cheap/value oven

Hi
also looking for under bench oven for tenants.
Have been googling and stalking online auction and discounters, but I just cant seem to find the bargains everyone skites about.
Any tips other than Rob's link?
I'm in Sydney
thanks\

Back