New Sydney member- my story just starting.

Hi all,

New member here from
Sydney.i have been reading the forums for a few days and am very excited to meet like minded people and learn all I can!

Will give you a rundown of my short story so far and where I'm hoping to move forward.

My name is Alex, I'm 23, a licensed builder and recently have enrolled in a masters in property development at UTS. I have recently started the IP game and am absolutely loving it. My goal is to be able to use property investment and development as a sustainable income.

I have a property in Colyton near St Clair (west syd) Which I purchased in 2013. I have added a granny flat on the back.
Total invested $450k with a total return of $670pw.

I recently purchased and renovated a property on the central coast (woy woy) and am in the process of finding out whether a granny flat is feasible.

Total outlay (including renovations) $370k returning $370pw.

I have been looking into QLD next around Nerang but will have to research further and am hoping to get any advice and to wait and see what my equity looks like after the reval on both properties. I am looking forward to sharing and gaining as much knowledge as possible and hopefully meeting many of you as not many of my friends have a shared interest in property investment.

Wow, congrats! You are doing amazingly well at a young age.

Hang around Somersoft, you will find many like minded individuals :)

You are looking in the right areas too! Good time to get into Brisbane/Gold Coast.

Welcome, Alex!

That first purchase + GF ought to be looking after itself which is excellent, and you've not doubt added value from the Woy Woy reno--you're off to a very good start and have the skills to add big value along the way as you continue to expand the portfolio.

Michael's right, Somersoft is an invaluable resource. Ask some Qs, scour the forum and meet some folks. When I first found myself here, I didn't have any friends (or family) who invested.

What are your investing goals?

Welcome :)

You are on the right track to the success.

Reflecting back my first investment was high rise apartment, which held me back for a while.

You start with a right property and right skill ( being a builder), congrat !

Thanks Richard,

My goal is to build a strong base of properties and maybe do a mix of purchase renovate and hold and small developments. Ideally I'd like it to become my job as I really enjoy the IP game already. It's a hobby and to have a hobby as a job is a dream to me.

good on you mate.... if I started when I was at your age then I don't think I will be working a full time job by now.

iam happy for you to have started so early and I can see great things happening for you in future.

All the best!!!

Thanks Richard,

My goal is to build a strong base of properties and maybe do a mix of purchase renovate and hold and small developments. Ideally I'd like it to become my job as I really enjoy the IP game already. It's a hobby and to have a hobby as a job is a dream to me.

Great attitude Alexhene - great to see more youth on SS. Can't comment on the area your seeking info on, but what an impressive start.

That yield and learning experience will hold you in really good stead moving forward. Your attitude and profession are a perfect combo.

Goodluck with it all.

Cheers,
Redom

Welcome

Nice work... good to see you on here ;). I only discovered it recently too.. Now I've got someone to go to a meet-up with.

Welcome to another Western Sydney investor. We're just up the street at St Clair.

Sounds like you're doing well. The Colyton property should have grown substantially since purchase, so you've done really well there.

Back