New/Used Car Salesman on the forum...

Mick,

Congratulations and well done on stepping out of your comfort zone mate.

I know with your attitude and determination you will succeed.

Don't listen to negative comments or others who say you cant succeed - just look at where their thinking & attitude has got them.

Once again well done mate.

Those Izuzu DMAX utes are terrific i hear. Great economy too. A recent economy run saw one do over 1700 kms on a standard tank of diesel, and another do nearly 1000 kms on a tank.... with a 1000+ kg boat towed behind.

Those Izuzu DMAX utes are terrific i hear. Great economy too. A recent economy run saw one do over 1700 kms on a standard tank of diesel, and another do nearly 1000 kms on a tank.... with a 1000+ kg boat towed behind.

I find these figures VERY hard to believe... with a tank of 75ish litres, you'd be using around 4.4 litres per hundred kilometres which is 55 mpg! Not possible with a vehicle weighing 1600kg plus.

In saying that, they are a good vehicle but I' still buy a Holden Colorado for less money for the same vehicle (apart from the Colorado looks better) :D

took a dmax for a test drive (actually from the dealership you worked at). Felt very solid but couldn't justify it over the BT50 for the light work we do, although in the end couldn't justifty the BT50 and purchased a large wagon with a towbar.

to be honest i was very surprised with the rather average level of customer service from 4 major dealers at the time we where set on a 4 door ute and had cash organised and generally people could hardly be bothered talking to us, ford actually said we would be lucky to find a crewcab ute and walked off. The mazda guy didn't know any of the specs we where trying to find out and pricing on accessories with out waiting 15 minutes every time. To be honest the only dealership where the guy even tried to close was the nissan dealership which is a shame given the DT22 Navara is by far the worst we drove.

Sales isn't that hard its been a while since i have been out but bloody hell its not rocket science. Know your product, find out the requirements from customer, relate requirements to product features, trial close, meet objections, close. If you follow this process for which every single sales org will have a spin and there is enough traffic coming in the door you will be making **** loads of sales.

Best of luck i have a couple of mates in car sales once you find a half decent dealership it seems like a half decent job/career to chase.

Mick hope it all works out for you. Mate of mine use to work for Toyota and basically never left his desk to speak to any heads that walked in the door. He left that all for the new salespeople. His sales all came from repeat customers or referrals. Definitely earned more than 100K per year.

Units4me, I see Hans is still up to his old tricks. He drove the Wynns test vehicle from Darwin to Alice Springs without any oil after adding a Wynns additive to the oil and draining it out.

Maccas is unlikely to put anyone on over 21 without experience - heck you'd be lucky to get them to hire you at 17 without experience. Although I know some of the women I worked with were over 50 and at maccas.

I was just pointing out that the hourly rate can be possible, even at maccas.

I cant imagine property management paying much better hourly rate either :rolleyes:

Hows it all going for you Mick? I would imagine a bit of a lull over Christmast/Jan, but might be picking up again now?

Hows it all going for you Mick? I would imagine a bit of a lull over Christmast/Jan, but might be picking up again now?

Things at the dealership are going..... well..... "interesting" to say the least.

In regards to sales, yeh, December was very quiet and slow but January picked up a fair bit as did February.

I am getting more and more experience, however, it seems there are more politics in car sales than there is in Canberra !!!

I am still yet to be upgraded from "Sales Cadet" to full salesperson on full commission and retainer etc, I am looking forward to my 6 month probation coming up (April 1st) and seeing my hard work pay off.

Cheers, Mick

Back