New Villa near completion and bank loan

Hi Finance Gurus,

I'm looking to buy a new villa for PPOR in Sydney which is due for completion in Jan 2015 last week. I have 5% deposit and have preapproved loan limit of 700k with bankwest. The Villa is about 650K.

What is the best approach to secure the loan as I have heard bad stories with bank rejecting the valuation for Off the plan properties. Shall I do a bank valuation with bankwest before I get into contract with the builder?

Thanks in advance

Is it just about complete? Given your so close to completion, you could probably go unconditional before putting your money down.

Cheers,
Redom

Hi Finance Gurus,

I'm looking to buy a new villa for PPOR in Sydney which is due for completion in Jan 2015 last week. I have 5% deposit and have preapproved loan limit of 700k with bankwest. The Villa is about 650K.

What is the best approach to secure the loan as I have heard bad stories with bank rejecting the valuation for Off the plan properties. Shall I do a bank valuation with bankwest before I get into contract with the builder?

Thanks in advance

Hiya

Is the property close enough to completion that a valuer can gain access? If so - you should be able to arrange formal approval now. If you can't arrange formal approval now - I wouldn't exchange contracts given you need a 95% lend.

Cheers

Jamie

Hey Jamie

Only 10% work is left like - bathroom fiitings, kitchen tiles etc

Hiya

Is the property close enough to completion that a valuer can gain access? If so - you should be able to arrange formal approval now. If you can't arrange formal approval now - I wouldn't exchange contracts given you need a 95% lend.

Cheers

Jamie

Hey Jamie

Only 10% work is left like - bathroom fiitings, kitchen tiles etc

Hmm valuers unlikely to accept this. You could potentially order a valuation to see what it comes out at now (this is likely to cost you, brokers can organise) - if its on the money now, it'll most likely be on the money in a months time.

Cheers,
Redom

Once the property has everything except appliances etc a valuer can complete a val on the property.

It's a bit of a juggle with the timelines for these deals, but all just a part of a days work. I've got one of these settling at the end of the week.

Thanks Guys. Will try when the property is ready to occupy.

Once the property has everything except appliances etc a valuer can complete a val on the property.

It's a bit of a juggle with the timelines for these deals, but all just a part of a days work. I've got one of these settling at the end of the week.

Back