New Year Resolutions - What's yours ?

Yes, I know. It's that time of the year again when we attempt to change our lives for the better, (and get over the indulgence of Christmas) :)

Well, here's mine for the new year. In 2008 I will try to;

1. Hopefully lose a bit of weight,
2. Get fitter
3. Drink less beer and get off the lounge more
4. Look into building new IP,
and almost forgot;
5. Get Motorbike licence. :D

Anybody else?

Phil :)

1. Increase salary by 15% by September 2008
2. Purchase 1 more IP or purchase 2 ip and sell 1 (to rebalance portfolio)
3. Finalise 3-5 year strategy for IP's by March
4. Reduce living expenses by 10%
5. Become fluent in Greek by December
6. Non-investing goals - there are a few others but....wont bore everyone with them...

Would be interesting to see if everyone's 2007's resolutions / goals were kept ?!

Make good head way in my post grad accounting and CFA courses
Make more headway into my Personal trainers course

Buy IP2 and formalise strategies and goals

Train and race smarter, take a few more podiums including in some stage and 10day races

Continue with healthy habits established in 07

Accept that no matter how hard I wish for things to change or materialize, they haven't and won't, until I focus my energy and time in a real world manner, helping them do so.

Accept that I am a creative being in the universe, and I won't feel fulfilled until I create some of the constructive stuff I dream of.

Accept that the bolder the idea, the more doubt and fear one should expect to feel.

Accept that if I see a profound need that most don't, then I should have a go.

2008 is my year to have a go at several risky things...but will not reveal until well under way.

Accept that no matter how hard I wish for things to change or materialize, they haven't and won't, until I focus my energy and time in a real world manner, helping them do so.

Accept that I am a creative being in the universe, and I won't feel fulfilled until I create some of the constructive stuff I dream of.

Accept that the bolder the idea, the more doubt and fear one should expect to feel.

Accept that if I see a profound need that most don't, then I should have a go.

2008 is my year to have a go at several risky things...but will not reveal until well under way.

Interesting - accept and "take action on....." sounds like your motto for 2008. Good luck I am sure you will do well.

Yes, I know. It's that time of the year again when we attempt to change our lives for the better, (and get over the indulgence of Christmas) :)

After a determined effort where it took all of my 'won't power'.....I've got plenty of 'will power' when it comes to yummy Xmas food, managed to lose 2kg over the Xmas period and establish a healthy pattern of eating.

Goals for '08 are to ;

1. Pull the pin on work in August and start LOE.
2. Live a whole lot more, starting with a 105 day cruise from NY back to NY on the Cunard line.

... managed to lose 2kg over the Xmas period and establish a healthy pattern of eating.

Good work mate.

At the moment, I try not to look at my reflection sideways in the mirror :D It's amazing just how quickly it piles on! I guess I'll have to trick myself into thinking that low cal beer is tasty and refreshing.

Also like your idea (Our Obsession) I also feel the freedom of swimming unencumbered ;). I suppose it's the beauty of getting older, becoming more confident and caring even less what others think.

Phil.

After a determined effort where it took all of my 'won't power'.....I've got plenty of 'will power' when it comes to yummy Xmas food, managed to lose 2kg over the Xmas period and establish a healthy pattern of eating.

Goals for '08 are to ;

1. Pull the pin on work in August and start LOE.
2. Live a whole lot more, starting with a 105 day cruise from NY back to NY on the Cunard line.

Good luck combining helthy eating/losing weight while on a cruise.

24 hour food almost, and really good.

The 1 mile jog around the deck might be the go.

Back