Newbie development questions

Apologies in advance for the 'dumb' questions.

Situation:
development size block
DA / CC approved in 2008, appear to be current, though would obviously check
Total cost estimate on DA is $313K

Questions:
1) If they're selling the block with DA / CC I can assume the plans would come with the sale? Can I assume that if they've got to DA/CC the plans are detailed enough (again would check)
2) Costs would include:
- sale price
- stamp duty
- demolition
- headworks etc (I struggle to get my head around this bit, what / how much)
- holding costs
- sell costs (would probably hold 1, sell 1)
- GST / CGT?
3) What is normally included in the "Total Estimated Cost" on the DA? $313K seems low for 2 x 3 detached dwellings. Obviously there would be an increase since 2008 but would you expect that cost to include build / headworks etc?

I'm sure there's more....please be gentle, I'm learning ;)

I doubt the application would still be valid,

its usually a case of applying for a renewal, which is usually a small fee, but since its been that long, if council have changed their views on things, anything could happen

1. Sites are usually sold with DA only - if its also sold with CC then make sure you ask for the CC and also all the other supporting documentation. A builder can/should only quote off CC plans and not DA plans.

2. Costs are going to be dependent on a number of things but a good start it by looking at the DA conditions and that will state what is required and in turn who much additional charges you would be up for.

Other costs may include:

1. Section 73
2. Dilapidation Reports
3. Surveys
4. PCA or Council Inspection Fees

There is a fair bit of costs in ascertaining the CC but if you have that already then it should be much smoother sailing.

3. What is the size of the building and make sure you include everything in your building costs, I'm talking about driveway, concreting, fencing, retaining walls, OSD, and many many more things. I don't think $313k is reasonable turnkey.

Thanks Shahin, very helpful.

So, turns out that the DA/CC was still valid with the added bonus that the council stuffed up & had advised fees without S94 & had declared they couldn't subsequently make that a requirement, nice bonus for the new buyer, who unfortunately isn't me! It's not unconditional yet but looks like its gone.

The hunt continues.

Back