Newcastle Newbie

Hi there seasoned investors.
I'm looking to purchase a house in Newcastle but am unfamiliar with the area.
It needs to be in a safe area. Ideally it would be near the beach or within walking distance to the city - think the Newcastle equivalent of Fitzroy, or the Brisbane equivalent, West End?

We have also been looking at uni accommodation housing in Birmingham Gardens. Can anyone shed some light on which areas are best and which are best to avoid?

There's a Newcastle thread which has been active. If you go to "Where to Buy" and look through the first couple of pages you'll probably find it, or search.

quirindi

I know you were asking about newcastle, but have you considered quirindi. There seems to be a lot of new brick houses for sale.

I looked at student accomodation a while back but decided against.
I'd certainly suggust thinking twice about uni share house accomodation - especially near the Uni. They have recently built on campus more than 1000 new rooms. Seems like quite a lot of vacancy and share houses for sale near the uni.

Also, Law and Business are moving in 12 months or so into town centre. There are already some new off the plan developments pooping up closer to town aimed at the investor/student market. I'd stay away from those as well.

Back