Newport Beach House for sale

indeed they are awesome views. 180 degrees and uninterrupted! Great if you like to see migrating whales over a cup of coffee on the balcony.

Jaysus, I should be a sales agent!

sold?

Looks like I have a sale. Haven't exchanged contracts but buyer has moved ahead with pest and building inspections. Last chance to purchase a great property at 2007 price before it goes unconditional...

Looks like I have a sale. Haven't exchanged contracts but buyer has moved ahead with pest and building inspections. Last chance to purchase a great property at 2007 price before it goes unconditional...
Oscar,

That is an absolute steal! Are you sure you want to press the sell button at that price while the market is just waking up?

You know I just sold my former PPOR in North Narrabeen for $900K. The agents told me I'd get $820K and I should list it for $850K. I said, rubbish, and listed it at high 9's and accepted $900K exactly.

And its a battle-axe block, on a 30 degree slope, with ticks, bracken, only stairs and inclinator access and absolutely no water views. Sure, its a beautiful brand new four bedroom house, but if you run back over my thread, you'll see all the reasons why most wouldn't pay that for it.

If I had some spare mullah I'd be interested at that price!

But mine is all now working towards developing my 5 bed, 3 bath, 3 story new PPOR in Bardon QLD, just 3km from the Brisbane CBD. :D

Still, congratulations on your sale! Cash is cash.

Cheers,
Michael

good point Michael and you got me thinking... I still reckon I can make better use of the cash in a down trodden but awakening market in europe. I like the idea of receiving income in AUD, US$ and Euro. Especially since we will probably buy a PPOR somewhere in EU or Ireland in the not too distant future and share our time between Australia and EU in a perpetual summer. I'm turning 48 soon and need to prepare for my future. I will probably end up with a part time job managing my tax affairs in 3 countries..:eek:

Do Tell!

Dear Oscar

'I like the idea of receiving income in AUD, US$ and Euro. Especially since we will probably buy a PPOR somewhere in EU or Ireland in the not too distant future and share our time between Australia and EU in a perpetual summer.'

Do tell!:cool: pretty please!

you must have been reading my mind!

Cheers
Seaford Sunshine

pretty simple really seafood - we've been living in europe (in different countries), over the last 5 years. We've made friends, established some roots, and quite enjoy the med summers here. It would be great to have a base for our retirement. we have been looking in diverse places, in Italy, Spain, Ireland, and even Turkey.

My house house sold.

Sold

I basically sold my Newport beach house for the same price I paid for it in 2007. The house had great views but what was not advertised were the 68 steps to get to the house from the street, and no possibility of off street parking.

The property still paid me back in the order of 200K. How so?

I had it rented for the past 5 years while living in europe rent free (thanks J.O.B). When I consider the rent received, all buying and selling costs, and the tax deductibility of rates, ownership costs, mortgage and depreciation - I am about $200,000 in front after 6 years of ownership

Property will always pay you back!

I basically sold my Newport beach house for the same price I paid for it in 2007. The house had great views but what was not advertised were the 68 steps to get to the house from the street, and no possibility of off street parking.

The property still paid me back in the order of 200K. How so?

I had it rented for the past 5 years while living in europe rent free (thanks J.O.B). When I consider the rent received, all buying and selling costs, and the tax deductibility of rates, ownership costs, mortgage and depreciation - I am about $200,000 in front after 6 years of ownership

Property will always pay you back!

Hi Oscar

If you sold it for the price you purchased it at, is the net 200K was basically derived from 5 years rental income minus everything you mentioned above?

correctomondo - and including the depreciation I was able to claim. It's not great, and I would have done much better if for example, I had bought a similarly priced property in the inner west or closer to the CBD..

pretty simple really seafood - we've been living in europe (in different countries), over the last 5 years. We've made friends, established some roots, and quite enjoy the med summers here. It would be great to have a base for our retirement. we have been looking in diverse places, in Italy, Spain, Ireland, and even Turkey.

My house house sold.

I am very curious and nosey....:p what price range for primary residence, I know you can purchase very cheap in parts of Italy, however it would be regional areas.

I would like a holiday home in Italy or France:)

Hi MTR.

There's a lot of interest from Mrs Oscar in southern Turkey where small coastal villa's can be bought for under 100K euros. Italy is at least twice that in the places we have been looking.

I am willing to spend up to 500K which basically gets you a large sea side villa in most places and a majestic ultra modern waterfront mansion in south Turkey. Mrs Oscar doesn't quite agree with me....yet.

Hi MTR.

There's a lot of interest from Mrs Oscar in southern Turkey where small coastal villa's can be bought for under 100K euros. Italy is at least twice that in the places we have been looking.

I am willing to spend up to 500K which basically gets you a large sea side villa in most places and a majestic ultra modern waterfront mansion in south Turkey. Mrs Oscar doesn't quite agree with me....yet.

Sounds good either way. I think I could handle 6 months overseas each year.

Are you also still looking at buying in Atlanta, the market is still rising, however the Au$ 88 today

Back