Next 6 months - How to Invest

What will be your primary new investment next 6 months?

• More Properties (Australia)

Votes: 49 40.5%
  • Share Market or Business (Australia)

Votes: 15 12.4%
  • International Investment

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Pay down debt and reduce LVR / build cash-buffer

Votes: 53 43.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For those experiencing DSR issues or about to be, remember, property investing is not about property. Its about finance and always looking to place one self in a position to continue accessing funds for future investment/business and/or pleasure. Otherwise you paint yourself into a corner and have to sit and wait for it dry before moving on.

Agreed. Sometimes that paint takes a bit to dry too.

For those experiencing DSR issues or about to be, remember, property investing is not about property. Its about finance and always looking to place one self in a position to continue accessing funds for future investment/business and/or pleasure. Otherwise you paint yourself into a corner and have to sit and wait for it dry before moving on.

with the changes we are looking at pulling less equity than originally planned. Instead of say looking at 2 x 300-350k houses. would it be worth adjusting to the plan to 2 x 250-300k townhouses to utilise max amount available in areas of good short term CG?

with the changes we are looking at pulling less equity than originally planned. Instead of say looking at 2 x 300-350k houses. would it be worth adjusting to the plan to 2 x 250-300k townhouses to utilise max amount available in areas of good short term CG?

Alternatively look to areas where you can get houses for that price. This allows the land content to be higher and therefore the potential cg as well.

Also more chance of them putting pocket money in your account each month if you're not paying for strata fees.

Same plan as the last year....the year before...and the year before that....etc...etc.

Buy 2-3 properties in one of the states in Oostralayaaa....slow...boring...and old school....:D

Same plan as the last year....the year before...and the year before that....etc...etc.

Buy 2-3 properties in one of the states in Oostralayaaa....slow...boring...and old school....:D

But haven't you heard? The Oostralayaaa property bubble is going to pop because they gonna cancel negative gearing :rolleyes:

That will be a god send...I am about a 80k-100k positive geared....

If they do this....they will probably just allow your come to offset expenses. Any loss will need to be bourne by the investor. However, they will still allow depreciation as a deduction..because if they removed this they will remove incentives for new property.

So what it will mean is that people will focus on new properties which is what they want more supply.

So for people like me...we will have even more rents coming through in the short term...I love it!!! I will also pick up even more properties from the noobs who panick and sell.:D

But haven't you heard? The Oostralayaaa property bubble is going to pop because they gonna cancel negative gearing :rolleyes:

Back