no. 9

i just can't help myself.

Got a call from one of my real estate contacts earlier this week. he was going to put a house on the market next week but thought he'd call me first to see if i wanted it before it went on the market.

Yep - offer was accepted yesterday.

3 bedroom, 600 odd sq metre block.

A bit of a sad story though. The original owner died a few months back, his son moved into the house and is an alcoholic. he stayed in the house all day drinking himself poor. never cleaned up or anything and got himself into so much debt. he had to sell the house to get some quick bucks.

Anyway, as part of drinking activities, he threw all of his bottles out teh back door. never in the bin. never mowed the grass and the lawn grew to be about 1 metre high. but the house is structurally sound.

They wanted to advertise it at 70k, but my agent contact said they'd accept 60k so thats what i offered.

So i have a few hundred glass bottles out the back that i need to pick up and dispose off, mow the grass, do a bit of landscaping, new curtains and a new stove.

After settlement, i'll spend a few weekends cleaning it up etc, then rent it within a month for 130 a week.

not bad for a 60k purchase.

g

Sounds great,
I had to look closer where you were because we have a similar house here in Qld that I am keeping an eye on
Sounds amazingly the same.

About the bottles,perhaps the girl guides or boy scouts can use the bottles ;)

Sounds great,
I had to look closer where you were because we have a similar house here in Qld that I am keeping an eye on
Sounds amazingly the same.

You can rest assured that it isn't in Qld. I don't go to Qld. There's too many Qlders there :)

About the bottles,perhaps the girl guides or boy scouts can use the bottles ;)

Thats a good idea. i was thinking of advertising them to an alternative lifestyle person so they can come and take them and build a house with them. There are a few hills behind this town that have some alternative lifestyle people doing their own thing there.

Thanks

g

no.9 is not the address.

but, nos. 10 and 11 popped themselves up over the weekend. nothing definite yet but I'm going to make a move on both of them at the same time. just have to work out some creative offering and accounting to secure both at the same time.

one will be a buy, quick reno and flip, as there is an immediate easy 30k to be made out of it (which i need). the other is a buy and hold.

now for some creative offerings.....

g

Back