No ML in API mag!

Has anybody noticed that the Feb-Mar issue of the API mag has no mention of Margaret Lomas? Seems like they read our forum!

Cheers,

Lotana

API Mag

Yeah I just bought it yesterday (good read as usual). Is it just me or hasn't that Doidge guy been in more issues than ML (ad for seminars too!). Maybe if there's enough discussion on this forum he'll be given the flick as well - that's if the bigwigs at API do in fact read this forum!

if we give any more the flick Josh there will be no API magazine.:D

maybe we can fill it with threads from here?:confused:

Darren

Re: API Mag

Originally posted by Josh
Yeah I just bought it yesterday (good read as usual). Is it just me or hasn't that Doidge guy been in more issues than ML (ad for seminars too!). Maybe if there's enough discussion on this forum he'll be given the flick as well - that's if the bigwigs at API do in fact read this forum!

Hi Josh,

Why do you want Geoff Doidge given the flick?

Goeff was one of the earlier members of this forum and has played a major role in educating numerous members in renovations and the like.

I personally find his stories very informative, and have learnt something from every reno. he has described in API.

Id be wary of rubbishing someone who contributed greatly to this forum in the early days... especially with your first post.

Just a thought,

Jamie
:p

I'm with Jamie here.

Especially as anyone called Geoff can't be all bad. (Even if Jamie did mispell it once :D Sorry Jamie, that's one typo I won't let past).

Geoff Doidge was not happy when I joined the forum- he was just "Geoff" back then. He changed himself to "Geoff1" just to make sure people knew the difference (as if they wouldn't!)

Doidge

....I should mention that I actually enjoy Doidge's reno articles, was only meaning that just because certain people (like GD & ML) contribute regularly doesn't mean that what they have to say is any less relevant.

Josh.

Hi geoffw,

From an earlier post of yours...

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Jamie
Just the most pedantic
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Jamie,

Close, but not quite...

I've made a couple of picks where the typo has changed the meaning of what the person is saying...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But my typo didnt change the meaning :-(

Hehehe...

My apologies for blaspheming :) Sometimes I type too quick for my brain to edit ... (12 wpm!)

Best wishes,

Jamie

:D :D

Hey I like GD's articles- though it would be nice to see a story from another state for a change.
I would prefer to see individual's stories who have had success with a particular renovation, and not just former students of the Doidge/Eslick team. Let's hear it for some new ideas and tips, there sure are enough people out there who would be itching to have an article written about their success stories!

Hi geoffw,

From an earlier post of yours...

quote:
Just the most pedantic

Hey Jamie,

Close, but not quite...

I've made a couple of picks where the typo has changed the meaning of what the person is saying...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But my typo didnt change the meaning :-(

Hehehe...

My apologies for blaspheming :) Sometimes I type too quick for my brain to edit ... (12 wpm!)

Best wishes,

Jamie

:D :D
Changing "Geoff" to "Goeff", that changes the meaning completely!

I'm upto 13 lpm, and still make tyopes.

Or was that typos?

Finally API magazine was back to its old self. No Lomas rubbish.
Geoff Doige is ok, he is a seasoned investor with runs on the board, unlike M Lomas who is like a showbag, looks good on the outside, but no substance on the inside. ie not many deals done, little credibility.

If you're going to diss any magazine I think there are 3 options:

1) Don't buy it.
2) Submit an article of your own about a recent purchase / sale / reno.
3) Apply for a job there so you can do better yourself.

Hey guys, look. I agree with what everyone is saying about Margaret, ie: the showbag thingy, but does it really need to be said? Okay, so she doesn't have a four page spread that goes nowhere, this is a good thing as it leaves room for articles of worth. But she does contribute to an article somewhere in the middle.
However, do we really need to get on the forum and cheer and celebrate that she has been taken down a few notches on the article front? Are we grown, intelligent, mature people or a bunch of school kids?
If ya got something valid to say about why you think she shouldn't be contributing to the magazine, by all means post it, let the rest of the fourm rub their collective chins, mull it over and reply. At least then we have a forum that (mostly) consists of good thought provoking posts rather than nyah nyah, she doesn't have the leading article type stuff.
Did it occur to anyone that certain memebers of this forum have been approached to write articles for the magazine but have turned them down? I'd be willing to put down a wager (if I was a betting man, that is) that, say, Michael Croft and Steve Navra were approached, not necessarily to write articles on a contiuous basis but at least one or two?
Hey, some of you that find it so easy to knock Margaret, why don't you approach API with a few of your own mock articles and see if they will accept them. Okay, some of you are probably thinking, hey - Mark's knocked Margaret in the past, what's he on about? Yes, I have, but at the same time, I don't dance for joy when she doesn't get as much writing space in the mag.
So let's keep critiques valid, because she frequents this forum, how do you think it makes her feel to see posts like the ones above?
I can tell you, from my experience, I can take valid, constructive criticism but if I was Margaret, I'd be feeling pretty damn terrible if I saw this thread. Put yourself in her shoes and try to imagine how she would be feeling. Do unto others as you would have done unto you.

Mark
'no hat, some cattle'

I believe Margaret was caught up with a family emergency for a while that took priority and was probably not available to write an article whether she was asked or not.

Bill

Originally posted by beech
if we give any more the flick Josh there will be no API magazine.:D

maybe we can fill it with threads from here?:confused:

Darren

does "we" mean you work for API ?

or is "we" refering to the forums ?

Back