No ML in API mag!

forum content

In response to this thread ide like to say i bought an i.p. because of this forum. Was shown a lot of good ideas and was told a lot of the right q.s to ask of the right people by some very knowledgable people and im very happy in the way its turned out. But lately their is some real crap creeping into this forum, some very good topics seem to deteriotate into nothing but bitchy *****.
By and large this is a brilliant site please keep youre comments productive so it stays that way, if im feeling sometimes like im reading a schoolgirls diary im betting a lot of others are too.

With the greatest respect to all those who use this forum as it should be.

Dook

We need to remember that many users of this forum are very worldly wise in the world of property investment and practice some more complex transactions as their primary wealth creation vehicle.

However there are also many out there who are very beginners and who do gain some knowledge out of the articles being written. Surely we cannot we cannot deny these people access to the information that can advance their own little journey.

Seems the rarefied air has left some people forgetting where they came from. Maybe the mud should be slung in the direction of API, rather than the individual author/s, which doesn't (apparently) cater as much for the more experienced investor.

f.f

Ok I'll clear it up

This is fun to many of you but I like to think you all do really learn something from this forum.

Don't worry Mark - the criticism doesn't hurt so much as disappoint - I do alot of work for no money (speaking spots all over the country, free articles in magazines, radio, and I personally spend at least 4 hours a day answering reader email with pointers etc) and I have to say that magazine writing pays very little but I also do that because I want to help others. For those cynics this may sound like a line but I really have got myself to a good financial position and its time I gave back.

I do have the runs on the board (I believe) with 9 investment properties and a subtantial amount of other invetsments which diversify my portfolio I feel I have the experience to share.

My articles in API are not advertorials at all and there is no sponsorship. Any advertising we do is paid for at standard rates. It does seem from the amount of email I get that alot of people do like them.

I have 5 children and a normal life and I am just trying to make my way in this world like everyone else. I have always behaved honestly and ethically, have always given 110% to all of my clients and never take advantage of others by charging exhorbitant sums for my help. I give alot of my time away and believe that all people have the right to access information as easilya s they can. I have been offered amazing things (like free properties and lots of money) to represent someone or otherwise market myself and my information and I have declined them all.

I take the showbag comment as a compliment - nice to know someone thinks I look nice on the outside! My husband says that there are lost of goodies inside too!!!

Yes I took a break as my father died unexpectedly and we were extremely close (he and my mother live with me as we were helping them out with their housing needs) and then my husband got ill and was in hopital on life support for a time. Seems I ran over a leprechaun or something this year!!

Don't ever let any sort of cynicism get in the way of your education. Read everyting and just take what's right for you - there is not really a right or wrong way to invest - just more or less appropriate for any one person. Education can never be wasted and $25 for any book is usually a good invetsment in your own future.

Have fun!

Hi Margaret,

When I noticed you sign up for the forum late last year, I was wondering if you were going to step up and clear the record at all.

Thanks for posting, and I hope you can find the time (and patience !) to contribute more.

Sim'

Patience?

Hi Sim

Patience is the one thing I've got lots of!!! Living with 5 kids, a husband, 3 dogs, two cats, your mother and your ex husband (who has a flat on our property and helps with the family), then this is a virtue you have to have!!!!

:p . I just keep smiling!

hi Margaret was your story re the ex living on your property on Current Affair or Today Tonight awhile ago?

I remember something very similar once on telly.

Nice reply it was to.

Darren

Well said Margaret. I think the level of debate has finally started to rise towards the end of this thread......

May or may not agree with all your approaches but have always chosen to read your articles.

Ditto to Sims comment....... I'm sure your contributions to the Forum would only enhance the quality of available information on the Forum.

:)

Yes I have to admit it was me on Today Tonight. They found out the story after doing a spot about my book. They pleaded for the exclusive (amazing isn't it how people are far more interested in getting into other's lives than they are in getting ahead in their own!)

At first I refused as I didn't want any of that stuff made public. I was advised to do it in case someone else got hold of it and did it badly.

Its a nice story of how adults can still respect each other even after they fall out of love. I believe we have taught our children tolerance and understanding. I also believe we have proven that children can survive divorce as long as they are not made to choose sides. Children don't necessarily need to have their parents together to be well balanced - they just need to be able to freely love both of their parents without fearing recrimination. I have wonderful kids and my ex, although not the man for me, is a good guy. My husband is wonderful too - what a great guy to have his wife's ex AND her kids AND her parents (some package).

He hasn't always been our nanny - just for the past three years.
You'd be surprised how many people ask me where he sleeps!!

What's this got to do with property investing? We'll end up getting kicked off this forum soon!!!! ;)

Re: Patience?

Originally posted by mlomas
Hi Sim

Patience is the one thing I've got lots of!!! Living with 5 kids, a husband, 3 dogs, two cats, your mother and your ex husband (who has a flat on our property and helps with the family), then this is a virtue you have to have!!!!

:p . I just keep smiling!

Hi, can i move in? Sounds like a fun household. :D

help

Thanks everyone. I knew this forum could not JUST be full of people who didn't like me!!

My next project is a book for young people. I have been trying to get into the schools by offering free educational seminars for year 10 and 12 students - to teach them the importance of both money and investing. This area is so sadly lacking in our educatinal system, and even in those schools where some money education is included, it is more about spending money, and the value of money than it is about the basic principles of saving and leveraging. Sadly I have yet to be able to get one public school to support the idea, as they say it would be too hard to get commitment from the teachers. A few local private schools have however embraced the concept and this has been really good. Any suggestions and comments to help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Margaret (or is it Margret?):

Well, however indifferent I may be to your investing skills (don't take this as a negative - quite simply I have never read your books so don't have an opinion either way), having the desire to take this knowledge into schools deserves to be congratulated.

My wife is a teacher (and ex assistant principal) and has some good school contacts on the Central Coast . I'll mention it and see what we can come up with.

I think its a fantastic idea and one thats needed. Younger people today seem to be obsessed with debt, mobiles, flash cars, expensive clothes.It would begreat to educate them to the concept of good/bad debt, gearing and investment..etc..

Back