No Stamp Duty

Im sick of paying this stamp duty...on a 500k property in paying 14,000 ,bloody crazy and i get nothing for it.

What States dont have Stamp Duty ?

Of course theres always idiots on here who will disagree and tell me they dont mind paying stamp duty ...well then pay mine for me.

You might have to stick to the purchase of shares where stamp duty has been abolished. All states impose stamp duty on the transfer of land.

There's lots of things you get for your stamp duty...

* Roads
* Discounted health care
* Public education
* All the other things that your state taxes pay for

Every state in Australia has stamp duty.

starofdavid, not happy paying for something, hmm...

Give your money to the Govt if your happy...but dont ask me to..im surprised some of you are very nieve.of course we must help the Govt how stupid am i?
I told you theres always nieve people that want to give the Govt money and the politicians know this.
I should be grateful and thanking them..im sorry i should just pay up...i mean someone has to pay for the Politicians trips overseas with his family and all his credit cards.
I should just be a sheep.
HEALTH CARE? OMG your joking right?

Give your money to the Govt if your happy...but dont ask me to..im surprised some of you are very nieve.of course we must help the Govt how stupid am i?
I told you theres always nieve people that want to give the Govt money and the politicians know this.
I should be grateful and thanking them..im sorry i should just pay up...i mean someone has to pay for the Politicians trips overseas with his family and all his credit cards.

QED

pinkboy

Paying tax is part of your responsibility as a citizen. A lot of money does go to waste, but as far as societies go Australia makes better use of tax revenue than most countries.

By your own argument of paying for others political trips, I should be upset that my taxes go towards your kids education (I don't have kids) and I subsidise your health care (never spent a day in hospital and I have private health insurance).

Certainly government spending should be accountable to the public, but that doesn't get you out of making your contribution.

$14k for a $500k property, you got off very lightly.

It all goes to Mel Gibson you know...

I agree the governments waste so much, I try and minimize as much as I can but not a hell of lot you can do really.

I was thinking the other day, while I was doing my tax return (yes a bit behind!) why cant you claim all the gst you have paid over the year, its still a tax on your income.

I agree the governments waste so much, I try and minimize as much as I can but not a hell of lot you can do really.

I was thinking the other day, while I was doing my tax return (yes a bit behind!) why cant you claim all the gst you have paid over the year, its still a tax on your income.

Would somewhat defeat the purpose of the GST :)

Back