No Topic

W

WebBoard

All that tradesmen worry about is money. I've yet to meet one who gives a toss about workmanship. The easiest way to make sure they do not jerk you around is to offer CASH. Tell them on the phone you will be paying cash then and there, on the spot, as soon as the job is finished. They not only turn up but they work a lot faster.
Some will even give you a receipt. Nothing beats cash for motivation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Colin,

I try to avoid cash as I would be using my own money. I use my revolving line of credit (LOC) to pay for all my renovations on my IPs. It is best to use OPM (Other People's Money - in this case, the Bank's money) rather than yours. When I purchase a property, I use 100% finance including all renovations and legal costs.

Cheers,

Roderick Aguilar

Reply: 1.1

you havent met me then Colin.i am self employed bricklayer with great pride in my work.also dont like cash as all it means is i cant borrow as much next tax time for another property.

Reply: 1.1.1

Hello Colin

There are only a few of us and i use the term "tradesmen" left who take great pride in our workmanship. I am one of them (CARPENTER)and have on many occasions quit my job or part way through a project for their standards were poor, REGARDLESS of the money on offer.

MONEY COMES AND THEN MONEY GOES, BUT YOUR REPUTATION STICKS AROUND FOREVER AND A DAY!

Reply: 1.1.1.1

Roderick

You can still pay cash when using a LOC. You just withdraw the money from the bank!

Back